Little Lady Had 2 Seizures

Hammie Heart

Hamster Fanatic
Reaction score
If you read the title, you might already know.
Lady, my pet Maltese dog, had 2 seizures this morning.
It was honestly scary.
I've never had a dog that had a seizure before.
The vet said that she probably had the seizure because of the bad ear infection that they detected as well.
The infection messes with their brain because they are so close.
In this very moment, she is sitting on my lap with me.
She's feeling better.
My husband and I are very attached to Lady, as well as Buddy and Piper, our other dogs.
So when I happened this morning,
We were petrified.
But like I said, she's better now.
Lady has a follow up visit in two weeks.

I hope you have an amazing day. ❤️

So sorry to hear about Little Lady. I hope she improves and the vet can help.

Yes. The vet sent home Lady and two different medications, one being for the seizures, and the other for the infection.

(sorry if I confused you, but her is just Lady)

I am really sorry to hear this. It must have been so scary for you and your husband. I wish Lady all the best and hope she recovers soon.

That is scary, luckily she has a kind owner who took her for treatment. Poor Little Lady, I hope she gets better soon. At least they have found the cause of the problem.

She is back to her normal self. As for her current location, she is on my lap as I write this. Funny. She was my lap when I typed the original thread, and she is now. She's a fighter, and I knew she'd be OK but it was still scary.

Have a hammingful day. :)

That is really good news she is ok again :) Assume the medication helped.

Yes it has- I haven't had to use the seizure medicine yet :) If you're wondering, the vet said only to use it as needed. And as for the ear infection, she's a little finicky to get the drops in. But it's okay because she's still alive. :)

Reactions: Maz
Back