Loki is sick???

Sorry to hear that. It may just be settling in time. Sometimes in a new cage they are all excited at first and then freak a bit and become a bit reclusive - that period lasts about 10 days to a week. Does he have a hoard? He may be eating from that. Is he drinking?

Sorry to hear that. It may just be settling in time. Sometimes in a new cage they are all excited at first and then freak a bit and become a bit reclusive - that period lasts about 10 days to a week. Does he have a hoard? He may be eating from that. Is he drinking?
i dont think he has a hoard. His food is all still in his bowl. And he’s not drinking water. I was actually up all last night due to a headache and he didn’t come out once for water or food.

I am so sorry to hear this. It could be Loki is adjusting to his new cage. I wonder if you being up all night stopped him from coming out? I find hamsters seem to prefer coming out when they know they are alone.

Good luck at the vets tomorrow and I hope your headache has gone now.

Sometimes they don't come out until you've gone! Especially if he's adjusting to the change. Maybe try putting a smelly treat near his nest and see if that's gone in the morning (eg a bit of cucumber or a tiny piece of cheddar cheese). And maybe a pumpkin seed (if you have any). If those are gone next morning then he's most likely eating and just hiding away a bit until he's fully used to the cage. A barred cage may feel different if he's used to a bin - they can feel the air, smell more and he may be slightly cautious at first.

I hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow.

Loki crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.

He had to be put to sleep due to a huge mass.

Oh Heamic. I am so very sorry. You made the kindest decision for precious Loki. In time you may want to write a tribute to him in the rainbow bridge thread. I really feel for you. I could see how much you loved him.

Oh Heamic. I am so very sorry. You made the kindest decision for precious Loki. In time you may want to write a tribute to him in the rainbow bridge thread. I really feel for you. I could see how much you loved him.
Thank you. They said it was a big mass on his kidney. They said we could’ve done pain medicines, but they didn’t know if that would work. He also was severely dehydrated.

Reactions: Maz
Thank you. They said it was a big mass on his kidney. They said we could’ve done pain medicines, but they didn’t know if that would work. He also was severely dehydrated.
I really think you did the right thing for Loki. You gave Loki so much love in his life and he will always have known he was dearly loved by you.

I’m so sorry to hear such sad news Heamic, it’s always such a hard thing to have to do but the kindest thing you can do too, you gave Loki the best live & couldn’t have done more for him, I can imagine how much you will miss him now.
My thoughts are with you.
Run free & play well at the bridge Loki ❤️🌈

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about Loki. Thinking of you both.

I am so sorry for your loss x It is good you took him to the vets and he is no longer suffering. It's true that pain relief available for hamsters isn't enough for advanced cancer. It was the kindest thing to do to prevent suffering. Big hugs. I also posted on your Rainbow Bridge thread x

Back