new hamster (almost) never out of burrow - help!

When he has come out, he exits via the apartment building, which puts him right at the edge of the lid. Sometimes he spends some time there just sniffing toward the outside. At the store, he was housed in the same area as all the snakes, so my kids like to say he's just checking that the snakes aren't there anymore :ROFLMAO:

I am really curious about the apartment building. Do you have a link or photo of it? I would love to see it. :)

That's amazing! I've seen those recently. I'm not surprised he decided to use those :) I wonder if he will chew the furniture off the walls lol! Probably not - male syrians can tend to just ignore things.

That's amazing! I've seen those recently. I'm not surprised he decided to use those :) I wonder if he will chew the furniture off the walls lol! Probably not - male syrians can tend to just ignore things.
He was pretty funny when he found the hole to start a tunnel. Kept digging more and more out into the apartment and then looking around like... there's more?? And then his furry behind disappeared.

Maybe you could put a litter tray in one of those rooms - in a place that doesn't block his route.

Maybe you could put a litter tray in one of those rooms - in a place that doesn't block his route.
He has a sand bath on top which seems like to him would be the same as a litter tray. Someone told me male syrians were like male orange cats which I had to Google but so far checks out.

Back