Poop always wet

I had a look at the ingredients of the hamster muesli and it contains fruit. Dwarf hamsters can get diabetes so it is best not to feed then any fruit at all.
This is a nice food that is available in The Netherlands. Perhaps you would like to try that.

Aw, that is such a cute name for him! 😍

I had a look at the ingredients of the hamster muesli and it contains fruit. Dwarf hamsters can get diabetes so it is best not to feed then any fruit at all.
This is a nice food that is available in The Netherlands. Perhaps you would like to try that.

Aw, that is such a cute name for him! 😍
I'll definitely try it. Thanks so much!

I use the Bunny Dream Dwarf Expert for our robo - it's a really good food and it's sugar free - I think switching to that would be a good idea. It is slightly low in protein for a young hamster, but as your hamster is over a year old the protein levels will be about right. I think it's 15.6% protein. But you can still give him a nut once or twice a week as a treat (which is also protein). Eg half a walnut half or half a plain cashew nut - those are popular with our hamsters :)

It could well be that the current food doesn't suit him. With veg, just a tiny bit daily - no bigger than his ear :-) Eg a bit of cucumber or a tiny broccoli floret. I wouldn't give fruit at all as he is likely to be a hybrid dwarf hamster and they are prone to diabetes.

Well done for getting a new wheel - he may well start using it now. You could put a treat in it at first to tempt him in.

I think he would do better on the Bunny dream food, the first one you linked to has both fruit & sugar in & as well as the risk of diabetes those probably aren’t good for his digestive system so that may be the problem, Beapher aren’t the best brand either & don’t use the best ingredients so a change of diet could be all he needs.
He should be fine with a bit of veg if you introduce it gradually, they really enjoy that but do avoid any fruit.

It is so good to hear he is enjoying the Bunny Dream food. :)

Did you get the 28cm wheel you mentioned?

Reactions: Maz
Sounds like this food is a good option for him.
Is he a russian dwarf?
A 28cm wheel should be big enough for him to use. I have a 20cm wheel for my russian dwarf girl.

Maybe place a camera to see what is he doing at night. I have a Tapo cam and watch night activities every night.

Some hamsters do only run in the wheel when it’s dark & no one is around so it may just be that you don’t see it if you don’t have a camera.

Back