Posie!

Posie is so cute and sounds like she’s settling in very well, enjoying her new home. It was great how she kept popping her head up in the first video as she was exploring 😃

Ok so I wanna incorporate more substrates into Posie’s enclosure, but I’m not sure if there is a way for me to fit them into her current layout. Today I added a little dish with cork granules. The issue is, she is so small that if I make a deep dig box for her, she won’t be able to get in without a ladder, which there isn’t much space for in her enclosure right now. Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpeg
    IMG_7037.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7038.jpeg
    IMG_7038.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 4
Ok so I wanna incorporate more substrates into Posie’s enclosure, but I’m not sure if there is a way for me to fit them into her current layout. Today I added a little dish with cork granules. The issue is, she is so small that if I make a deep dig box for her, she won’t be able to get in without a ladder, which there isn’t much space for in her enclosure right now. Any ideas??
Posie's house looks very nice. Here are pics of Dusty's home. I don't know the measurements of your enclosure. Mine are 39 inches X 19 inches X 19 inches high. Here is what I came up with. All the dishes of substrate are on platforms on 6 inch legs. Personally I don't like dig boxes. Like you my little Dusty would need a ladder to get in and out. And what is the purpose. When they dig they want to tunnel. So for me dishes for substrate is are fine. And a dig box takes up a lot of room in the cage. I don't even know if Dusty would use a dig box.
IMG_8699.jpeg
I got the dishes from the thrift store. The round white dish is cork, the clear rectangle dish (pyrex) is coco peat. The
oval white dish is the sand bath (this got replaced with a covered sand bath box. After placing the dishes on the platforms I then
filled in all in with about an inch of bedding so Dusty could get into the dishes easily. The wheel is also on a platform.
IMG_8703.jpeg
This one shows the platforms I have for the dishes. I think at first one of the dishes I got was too large. And I tried different
arrangements of the dishes and decorations before I settled on what I have now. But this foundation is still the same.
IMG_8283.jpeg

Posie's enclosure looks great! She has so much to do in there :-) Good tips there from Dusty's Mom :-) My previous robos didn't have dig boxes - they just loved to tunnel in the substrate :-) My last robo had a dish of cork granules and investigated but wasn't that interested ha ha.

One thing Robos really love though is their sand baths. It's quite an important thing to them - so maybe sand and tunnelling is their main thing :-)

Posie's house looks very nice. Here are pics of Dusty's home. I don't know the measurements of your enclosure. Mine are 39 inches X 19 inches X 19 inches high. Here is what I came up with. All the dishes of substrate are on platforms on 6 inch legs. Personally I don't like dig boxes. Like you my little Dusty would need a ladder to get in and out. And what is the purpose. When they dig they want to tunnel. So for me dishes for substrate is are fine. And a dig box takes up a lot of room in the cage. I don't even know if Dusty would use a dig box.
View attachment 8256
I got the dishes from the thrift store. The round white dish is cork, the clear rectangle dish (pyrex) is coco peat. The
oval white dish is the sand bath (this got replaced with a covered sand bath box. After placing the dishes on the platforms I then
filled in all in with about an inch of bedding so Dusty could get into the dishes easily. The wheel is also on a platform.
View attachment 8257
This one shows the platforms I have for the dishes. I think at first one of the dishes I got was too large. And I tried different
arrangements of the dishes and decorations before I settled on what I have now. But this foundation is still the same.
View attachment 8258
Thank you so much, this is all super helpful!!

Posie's enclosure looks great! She has so much to do in there :-) Good tips there from Dusty's Mom :-) My previous robos didn't have dig boxes - they just loved to tunnel in the substrate :-) My last robo had a dish of cork granules and investigated but wasn't that interested ha ha.

One thing Robos really love though is their sand baths. It's quite an important thing to them - so maybe sand and tunnelling is their main thing :-)
Yes!! Posie LOVES her sand bath and is always hopping in and out of there

Back