Yorkshire Pudding diary

I bet she didn’t try this recipe 😊 I used to have the same issue. Mind you no guarantee these will be right as I didn’t follow the recipe properly.

I did six in the smaller muffin tin in the mini oven and six in the larger muffin tin in the main oven. Had a very small amount left so cooked that in a metal tray. The mini oven ones were done at 110 fan for 25 minutes. The slightly bigger ones I did at 115 fan for 20 minutes. But the first lot came out slightly better so I’ll stick to 110 fan for 25 minutes.

This is the first lot from the mini oven

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

Second lot in the slightly larger muffin trays. These got slightly overdone (hence sticking to 110 degrees in future).

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

And the leftover bit in the metal tin. That came up really nicely - rose well but dry at the bottom and no soggy bits. I forgot to photograph it though so here’s just a piece of it left.

IMG_2215.jpeg

They rose well - about the same as last time - but I don’t know if leaving the batter to stand longer would have made a difference because I didn’t do the recipe properly at the start (forgot to add the flour last).

Thank you! You don't know how happy it makes me having not been able to successfully make them for years :ROFLMAO: They have all gone by they way.

Well, don't feed any to Tino, he'll get too big for his cage 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
Aw I forgot to save some for the hamsters :-)

😂😂😂😂😂

The link this looks odd, but does seem to work!

• Haha
What a waste of Yorkshire puddings ha ha. Seems a bit of rivalry there between black pudding and Yorkshire puddings :ROFLMAO:

I am now wanting to get some tins to make giant yorkshire puddings. I've read in a few places that the ideal tins for these are the ones from the Fray Bentos tinned pies. But some people use sandwich cake tins.

Herb, onion and tomato filling might be nice?

• Love
Ooh that sounds nice. I was just thinking this evening, what could I make with Yorkshire puddings. Stepson won't eat anything that doesn't have meat though unfortunately :) I'm off to look up some recipes ..........

I quite like the look of this - big breakfast yorkshire pudding :-) Although I guess it's just toad in the hole with egg and tomatoes!

This thread takes me back to my childhood. My mother always made yorkshire puddings in those enamelled metal bowls. Yum.

It's partly why I bought that enamel tin :-) It reminded me of childhood too! They are Falcon tins - they still sell them. Also plates, bowls, and all sorts.

Did toad in the hole for tea today. I got the recipe right this time putting the flour in last although it didn’t make a lot of difference either way 😊. However I didn’t have any lard left so had to use sunflower oil instead. Which didn’t smell great when hot. Anyway it seemed to work ok. Shame I overdid the sausages 🤣. I half cooked them first then put them in the tin with the Yorkshire pudding batter but gave them a bit too long on the first cook. Having said that we quite like overdone sausages. And it was only the top bit that was burned.

There was enough batter left for another 6 small Yorkshire puddings and 6 medium sized ones so I cooked those and put them in the freezer.

IMG_2266.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

Last edited:
Toad in the Hole is well liked here but can really only justify it in colder weather.
Have to confess to buying it in store…

Back