A week in the life of me and the animals!

Hello Saffron! She must be feeling braver if she's coming out in the daytime. The raspberries look luscious! I've never grown tomatoes - is it difficult?

You’ve been working hard on your veg patch! The beetles are beautiful & lovely to see a ladybird too, shame the spider didn’t want to wait for the photo shoot, it is amazing to see them with their egg sacs.
The raspberries look very tasty 😋

Hello Saffron, lovely to see you again 😍

Wow, the veg patch looks great, hot work in this current weather. I also agree the raspberries look amazing! Pleased to hear the piggies that went to the vets are doing ok and lovely to see Saffron, are the oat sprays some of her favourites?

Wow, the veg patch looks great, hot work in this current weather. I also agree the raspberries look amazing! Pleased to hear the piggies that went to the vets are doing ok and lovely to see Saffron, are the oat sprays some of her favourites?

She enjoys chewing them up and destroying them, but I've never seen her eat any of them 😅 she loves the flax seed ones the most! I need to restock, the oat ones are all that's left.

It's late and i only just got round to catching up with this thread. What a wonderful and enjoyable read and those piggies, cacti and beetle photos are amazing and then the lovely Saffron made another appearance. I think she doesn't want to miss out.

Day 4

Likely to be a quiet one today, my apologies! I was woken up early by my Mum who was in a great deal of pain, a complication of her health issues. 2nd time in a month I've had to call paramedics out, this time she allowed them to take her to hospital so I'm just sat not doing much, waiting to hear how she's doing. All I know so far is she's had some xrays, 3 IV bags and isn't very happy about things as she's sat in a corridor somewhere 🤦‍♀️

I did however forget I gave the piggies beetroot so I got a nice shock when I went to do meds until I realised..

20230619_235425.jpg20230619_235405.jpg

And my cat Willow is keeping me company.
20230621_111640.jpg

I had to apologise to the paramedics, I had a hay delivery so there was hay still on the floor which he was allergic to. Turns out his Mum keeps lots of rabbits and quail so he was used to the animals.

So sorry about the emergency with your Mum. I have been there a few times with that kind of thing. Not great if she’s in a corridor and I hope a bed becomes free very soon. Assume you’ll be able to visit.

Had to smile at the pink piggy beards though :) Good you have yumiur cat for company too. Our pets can be a great comfort.

Really sorry to hear about your Mum, hope she’s ok & will be home soon or at least out of the corridor, my niece was in a corridor for five days recently, it’s not nice.
I think paramedics expect the unexpected somehow.

Had to laugh at the beetroot, looks as though the piggies enjoyed that!

Thanks! She has said she's just waiting for the doctor to be free to see her but he had said it was good news, so she thinks she will be able to come home. She's stopped replying again so I'm assuming she is currently being seen, fingers crossed.

Honestly I thought the piggies had had a fight or broken teeth when I first saw them 😅 I wouldnt mind but that's about the 3rd time they've done that to me 🤣

Thanks! She has said she's just waiting for the doctor to be free to see her but he had said it was good news, so she thinks she will be able to come home. She's stopped replying again so I'm assuming she is currently being seen, fingers crossed.

Honestly I thought the piggies had had a fight or broken teeth when I first saw them 😅 I wouldnt mind but that's about the 3rd time they've done that to me 🤣
Pleased they are sending your mum home hope you get some rest tonight

Thankyou, 2 hours she's been waiting for her medication so she can leave! Our friend has just picked her up now and they're on their way back (I can't drive otherwise I'd have gone, learning is still on the to do list) I've been out to water everything and found even more tomatoes and my mustard seeds have sprouted 🙂 so that's something, also 4 of my onions are looking like they're going to sprout.

I had a sit by the lavender to watch the bees as well, nice and calming with the sounds of the birds!

20230621_181401.jpg20230621_181407.jpg20230621_181534.jpg20230621_181839.jpg

Lovely to see the little tomatoes with rain drops on. It will be very nice eating your own tomatoes. It sounds lovely sitting next to lavender in the sunshine. Good your Mum will be home soon.

Wishing your mum well, hope she’s feeling much better.
Looks like they’ll be quite a lot of tomatoes if the sun keeps shining👍

Back