A week in the life of my animals - March

Riven

Hamster Legend
Founder Member
Reaction score
Day 1

Started the day at 7am and Ares was just starting to settle down for the day. I gave Dysnomia (guinea pig) her meds and topped up their hay as well as did a quick spot clean before breakfast. I also gave the piggies back their hay cubes which they absolutely love and destroying.

PSX_20230317_161145.jpgPSX_20230317_161108.jpgPSX_20230317_161131.jpg

I had an idea for sprays while having my toast and tea. I thought I'd use long strands of hay with seed heads to help bulk them up a bit. This would make it a bit more challenging to get to the sprays but also provide more cover. He could also chew it and use it to build his nest.

PSX_20230317_161212.jpg

Then I realised I had ran out of flax sprays so I went out and got some as well as some Coco coir. However the water has been stopped, probably because of another burst pipe, so Ares will need to wait until that's back running until he gets it.

Gorgeous guinea pigs 😃 they look like they are having a lot of fun nibbling at everything.

Day 2

Ares started off his night at 1am by attacking millet after a brisk jog on his wheel. Mia had her meds (you can hear her complaining about it in the background). I haven't given Ares any food tonight as I intend to spot clean his cage later on and if I stumble across his hoard, I'll replace it all with fresh.

The water's back on so I should be able to clean/refill all bottles and bowls later, as well as give Ares wheel a good clean.

Day 3

Decided to make a start on a moss hide that I saw 'something animal' make on YouTube, except I ran out of moss...
PSX_20230317_161227.jpg
I've also got some coir soaking so hopefully that'll be able to go into Ares cage tonight.

He didn't come out until very late last night so I didn't spot clean. If he is already awake, he is a lot calmer when I spot clean compared to if I do it while he's asleep.

Pigs have been spot cleaned and are now having their veggies. It looks like Ares is coming out for his mid day snack, so I'm tempted to spot clean now.

Back