A Week in the Life of Raffy and Pip - May - and general bits and pieces

Thanks Zara :-)

Day 5 - Monday

Raffy has repositioned his flower basket from the corner again. Which means it blocks the shelf so he’d have to climb over it.

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

Here he is last night

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

When he’s ready to come out, he starts climbing out of the door as soon as it’s opened while I’m getting the tube from the top of the cage. He waits for the tube though as he doesn’t like walking on the bars.

IMG_0594.jpeg

Day 5 - Monday

Raffy has repositioned his flower basket from the corner again. Which means it blocks the shelf so he’d have to climb over it.

View attachment 2667

View attachment 2669

Here he is last night

View attachment 2670

View attachment 2671

When he’s ready to come out, he starts climbing out of the door as soon as it’s opened while I’m getting the tube from the top of the cage. He waits for the tube though as he doesn’t like walking on the bars.

View attachment 2672
Lovely photos of baby lamb all baby creatures are so sweet and not forgetting Raffy you are cute too. Hope your rib pain is subsiding daily can't be easy when you need to bend over cages etc

Had to laugh at Raffy. Raffy and his flower pot. You could write a story about that. He's forever re arranging it.
Supercute photo of him waiting to come out.

Otto doesn't like to walk on bars either. I have to place a small mat down for him to walk on and then pick him up from there.

I would love to see what Raffy looks like when he moves his flower pot. He sounds so active and like he is having a lot of fun in his new cage. :)

Thank you all. Yes I would like to see what Raffy actually does to move it there from the corner, as well as tip it over. I did get the nightcam going again last night now we have the old router up and running again - but it's focused on Pip's cage. The wifi situation was complicated. We had virtually non existant wifi until a few months ago and got satellite - which is brilliant. But it comes with it's own router which doesn't have the option for a guest network. So I sent for an adapter to attach the old router to the new one as the old router was very good and had three guest networks. I'm very security conscious so don't like having smart gadgets on the main network and they were set up for one of the guest networks previously. The little security camera is probably ok on the main network and the manufacturer is a reliable one. But it was on the same network as all the other smart devices (Alexa and some smart bulbs) so none of them were working until I got the old router connected to the new one.

I finally did that last night which was a bit fiddly but got it done. Which is better now - so all the smart gadgets are up and running again. Haven't missed them to be honest - apart from the hamstercam. And it means the wifi signal is stronger in the parts of the house not near the router. I've always had to do the techy stuff with the wifi as no-one else understands it. I didn't understand it at first either, but I quite like techy things, and I learned over the years.

So that felt like quite an achievement last night. It's something I've been putting off for ages. And it means there is still a spare guest network if needed.

Jain - thank you. Actually there is no bending with the hamster cages thankfully. I have them both at waist height. They are both on top of stands/cupboards. It's more of a problem getting things out of kitchen cupboards! Which I am avoiding as much as possible.

Just catching up with all the photos and news.
We were out yesterday on grandparent duty-wonderfully tiring!

Great photos of birds and the sheep and lambs especially our favourite mother and baby!
Sorry about your cracked rib Maz. Sounds very painful indeed and wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Day 6 - Tuesday

Today is about Pip. Raffy had a new cage so Pip has something new as well. It's a little chair the same as the one Rainbow got for Orko - I was quite inspired by that and they are definitely robo sized. I put it out in his cage last night and he inspected it fairly quickly and had numerous visits back to it during the night.

So here is Pip's chair - which has a spoon on it.

P5210108.JPG

He came over to inspect it quite quickly - while I was still putting his food out - hence my arm appears in the video occasionally. You have to wait a few seconds for him to appear properly - he's near the wheel having a wash at the back of the cage at the start.

I went through the hamstercam video for the night before and have a couple of other clips with him with the chair too, as he kept going back to it. He's funny on this one :)

Then on this one, he is half way up his ramp when he clearly decides to stop and inspect the chair again. So he does seem very interested in it. I had put a tiny bit of cheese and a couple of sunflower seeds on it before going to bed but they were clearly gone quite early on and he still kept going back to it.

Really they look very similar to Orko with his chair. But I do think he looks funny trying to climb it on the second one.

Finally a very short - 8 second clip - of Pip zooming. This is not speeded up by the way - this is his real speed.

Aww Pip’s chair is adorable, the spoon decor is just so perfect! He really is enjoying checking it out & looks so sweet climbing on it, that one where he was half way up the ramp & suddenly stopped to go back for another look made me laugh.
Love to see him zooming about too, he practically flies down that ramp!

Back