Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Socks Mum

Choose your own title - message admin
Reaction score
Socks is doing his best with materials and equipment available using some instinctive know how and naive enthusiasm. He leans into cardboard chewing as avidly as a builder wielding a power drill. Every nest should have more than one entrance and entrances should be neither too wide nor narrow for diving into quickly and defensability. His wicker basket has a hole in the top that was chewed from the inside out in less than half an hour and is quite a snug fit to get through 😊 His platform already has some inviting holes in it, but they keep filling up with wood shavings. His mom tries to help, but the wood shavings just fall back down again. At least she is good at gathering up the bits of cardboard that fall through the bars and land on the carpet and handing Socks pumpkin seeds and peanuts!

Attachments

• 20231208_222733.jpg
    20231208_222733.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20231208_222755.jpg
    20231208_222755.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 22
Lots of fun! Sorry the video is a bit dark, but you can see a bit of his work here 😄

I'll try to change the file to jpeg. Anyway basically there are cardboard panels flying around 😀 I'm not sure I can find safety boots in his size!

Socks sounds just like my Blossom 🌸 She's a big fan of a bit of egg box in particular!! Im forever clearing up bits of chewed egg box! Her first act on arrival in our home was to chew a sun roof in her snuggle pouch so she could exit through the roof lol 😆20231001_192138.jpg

Socks sounds just like my Blossom 🌸 She's a big fan of a bit of egg box in particular!! Im forever clearing up bits of chewed egg box! Her first act on arrival in our home was to chew a sun roof in her snuggle pouch so she could exit through the roof lol 😆View attachment 5381
Socks thought the sleeve of my fleece could do with an extra opening but I managed to get it out of his paws just in time!

If the snuggle pouch is made of fabric then best not to put it in the cage because hamsters will chew the fabric. You can use it out of the cage with supervision though. :)
Thanks, I'll save it for the playpen but only while I'm watching. I'm so glad I'm on this forum, I learn lots here!

Socks thought the sleeve of my fleece could do with an extra opening but I managed to get it out of his paws just in time!
Ha ha..yes, Blossom goes for my clothes too but I tell her no nibbling, and remove her swiftly 😏

If you just paste the YouTube link into the message box as it is, then it embeds the video on the forum page and can be watched directly on here :)

Socks is really getting things organised!

Just pasted the YouTube link above so you see what I mean :)

If you don’t want a video to be public on YouTube you can set it to unlisted - then it only appears where you paste the link (eg on here).

Back