Supporting heavy dig boxes

You don't need a big saw really. I preferred these pine 1.8cm dowels for cutting (it's also much easier to sand them afterwards if there are any rough bits). Only takes a minute or two. Sanding the hardwood ones is a PITA!

You get 10 in the pack so plenty more if you make a mistake ha ha.
They are not kiln dried though so I thought birch would be safer. The trustleaf ones are birch.

I would not glue the sand bath because it would mess up any burrows taking it out. My partner is going to buy a saw and tomorrow I will buy dowels. I already have ponal glue.😊
Do you have the ponal classic or express? I only have the classic. It still sets fairly quickly but needs to be held in place for at least 20 minutes. I've sent for the ponal express but it is slow to be delivered.

Do you have the ponal classic or express? I only have the classic. It still sets fairly quickly but needs to be held in place for at least 20 minutes. I've sent for the ponal express but it is slow to be delivered.
I have the express. I think delivery took 3weeks!

They are not kiln dried though so I thought birch would be safer. The trustleaf ones are birch.
Ah ok. Birch is probably ok to cut as well. The pine ones are kiln dried apparently though. I think all pine in the Uk is.

Ah ok. Birch is probably ok to cut as well. The pine ones are kiln dried apparently though. I think all pine in the Uk is.
Someone questioned it and the seller confirmed. The ones I have don't smell either and seem kiln dried, like the pine shelves I have.

Back