仓鼠 Tsang Shu

She devoured everything on the platform.
This must have happened after I went to sleep

Don't want to treat her every day, but
I have retained the suspendable platform for such purposes.

Again I have offered her cucumber pieces, zucchini pieces, florets of broccoli, shaved carrots and English peas. She needs something other than nuts and seeds.

Again I have offered her cucumber pieces, zucchini pieces, florets of broccoli, shaved carrots and English peas. She needs something other than nuts and seeds.
I have a similar problem try a defrosted frozen pea or better still sow some rocket seeds in a small tray which you can keep on your windowsill and harvest one at a time while young small and tender that's the rocket by the way not the hamster

She got the treat

Are there any breeds of hamsters who are not nocturnal ?

Reactions: Maz
All hamster species are crepuscular, most active at dawn & dusk but many are active during the day, I think it’s mostly Chinese & Russian hamsters while Syrians tend to be more active evenings & at night.

She got the treat

Pete my dwarf appears morning, noon, dinner time anytime really but probably because he is in a room when he hears us preparing meals sometimes he asks to come out sometimes he dosent keeps us on our toes

She got the treat

Roborovski hamsters can be out at various times during the day, but it also depends on personality as well. My first robo was. My current robo doesn't come out during the day - only late at night usually. I think it's the same with Russian dwarfs in that it can depend on their personality whether they are more daytime hamsters or not.

Syrians are definitely night time hamsters. They can be trained to get up early evening for feeding time, once they get used to you feeding at say 6pm every day and making a bit of cage noise while doing it. And some people do that to give them out of cage time during the evening. That is likely the case for most hamster species - that they can be trained to get up for feeding time.

My Chinese hamster is strictly nocturnal and will never be seen before sunset, but I know some people find theirs come out in the day.

I find Russian dwarfs are the most likely to be active in the day (on average) but all hamsters are most active at night.

My little Henry likes to get up when he hears me in the morning and have together time, outside of that he's strictly nocturnal. All of the winter whites I've had enjoy coming out for a short bit during the daytime. My one chinese ham was strictly nocturnal, never came out during the day

Reactions: Maz
How is she doing? Is she more confident about being out around you yet?
She hides, but devoured a piece of hard boiled egg which I put in the black tray. I saw this on my night vision camera.

IMG_0953.jpeg

This is cooked bulgur. She ate some off the right side and a big amount on top. She loves it.

I love the heart shaped dish :-) Does she hoard most of it?

I cannot tell if she eats it or hoards it for later.

Probably a bit of both :-) They eat very little each day, but like to hoard things to snack on later.

Back