仓鼠 Tsang Shu

IMG_6834.jpeg
Tsang Shu loves her wheel. She will run for about 8 or 9 cycles then jump off and nibble a seed, then jump back on. The most I have counted was 21 cycles. I am asleep while most of her running happens.

I’ve only had one Chinese that really loved millet sprays none of them bothered with things like wheat or oat sprays but they all love flax sprays.

I fed her flax seeds. She ate all of them. I tried pumpkin seeds. Didn't touch them.

See if you can get some flax sprays then, she’d enjoy stripping the seeds of that.
Not liking pumpkin seeds is really odd! I’ve never known a hamster not go mad for them.

IMG_6952.jpeg
Red Food dish (left)
Sunburst
Flax seeds
Sunflower seeds
Quinoa
Crushed Walnuts
Crushed hazelnuts
Crumbles from a cracker

Black Food Tray (right )
Bird seed (top)
Sunburst hamster food
Quinoa
Sunflower Seeds
Pine Nuts
Crushed Hazelnuts
Sunflower Seed kernels (bottom)

Reactions: Maz
IMG_6965.jpeg
After only. twenty minutes of being awake, she put all those seeds in her Cheeks and stored them

That is all very nicely laid out for her & I’m sure she enjoyed pouching the lot!
How often do you feed her?
Much as I’m sure she’s enjoying all those nuts & seeds as she is a diabetes prone species you do need to keep an eye on her fat levels as well as sugars & try to keep them down.
A little piece of walnut once a week, one or two sunflowers seeds a day, maybe a pine nut two or three times a week, a pinch of linseeds daily & a few extra hemp seeds now & then for example would be plenty to give her a nice treat without overloading on fats.
Lovely as it looks, and it does, it’s better to scatter at least some around the cage to encourage natural foraging behaviour.

Your setup has developed so well, that looks phenomenal!

I toss everything out of the tray and her red dish every day. I then fill everything in the tray and dish.

I sprinkle things around to encourage foraging.

Reactions: Maz
Does she come out during the day at all now?

About 4pm she goes around gathering seeds and tucking them in her storage places. She reappears around 7pm to start running in her wheel.

Note: in Memphis it stays light until 8pm

Her food trays look very enticing, no wonder she was busy pouching.

Flax seed sprays are a big hit here, Hams loves those.

IMG_8145.jpeg
I put a round tray of salad veggies (cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, celery, part of a cherry). Here she chews on it.IMG_8146.jpeg

IMG_8759.jpeg
I created a platform with popsicle sticks. I suspended it with string above her red food dish. I placed a treat on the platform. Let's see if she can solve this puzzle.

Back