仓鼠 Tsang Shu

IMG_4038.jpeg
Tsang Shu on her house. Below her is a hickory branch. To the right is an empty Pringles can with both sides removed, Above to the right is a hole to enter her house. Above center and above left are Sea Shells from the Atlantic Ocean in South Carolina.

She looks like she has grown :) Oh that sounds a pain if you're still getting the moths. I think you did a full cage clean didn't you? If so that means the moths had laid eggs that have hatched out. An adult female can lay up to 200 eggs a day. When I had my first outbreak and was overrun, I used different types of moth traps. I had the pantry moth sticky ones (which didn't seem to work) but also tried the carpet moth traps (sticky triangles) and they worked a lot better as long as you had them at floor level. This might sound strange but it could be an idea to hoover the walls and wash the curtains. I found they were laying eggs on the walls and in folds of curtains. I also hoovered the floor every day - it helps get rid of eggs so less hatch out. And also empty or chuck the hoover bag outside afterwards - to keep them out of the house. Sticky fly papers catch the odd one but don't get rid of the source or most of them.

Vinegar is supposed to kill the eggs as well (which can't be seen with the naked eye) so I also sprayed the walls with dilute white vinegar last time.

Oh good - hope it helps! It pongs a bit but the smell soon wears off. That looks like a cosy tunnel :)

IMG_9549.jpeg
Tsang Shu is quietly gnawing on the bottom of her fence. This keeps her teeth from growing. Rabbits, Beavers, Squirrels and Rodents all have super specialized teeth.

Lovely to see Tsang Shu again. Is it my imagination or is she looking chunkier? :)

Back