A week in the life of my busy family 🥰

Another lovely photo of Addy!
Caramel looks lovely & is such a sweet girl, I hope she will bond with your other girls too or if not you can find her a friend she’ll be content with.

Thankyou 🥰 we are so lucky to have them 💓

Day 1- morning bath for pebble 🥰
As soon as the kids leave for school, the dishwasher and washing machine are on its time for pebbles morning soak 🥰 bathing tortoises is important for hydration as well as encouraging them to toilet so pebble gets a soak around every other day 🤩 as you can see he is a little grumpy this morning 🤣
His food will be picked on our morning doggy walk and he will hopefully get to enjoy some mallow and plantain topped with nutrobal (we supplement with nutrobal twice weekly and calcium 5x weekly). The best diet for tortoises is safe weeds which can usually be foraged 😍
View attachment 4197View attachment 4198
Pebble is lovely and you obviously know how to care for him he should be with you for a very long time

Addy says hi 👋 addy is the most skittish piggy I've ever owned when it comes to humans, she is learning to take food from us and interact with us but she is absolutely terrified of handling bless her 💖 she joined our family with her sister Sally in May at 3 years old. 🥰 I may be bias but I think she's so pretty 😍 View attachment 4220
She is beautiful so lovely that she has the company of others if she isn't keen on human interaction

I loved having a happy herd so much 🥰 I was saving introducing my rainbow bridge pets for one of the days I'm working this week as I won't have as much time to take photos on 12 hour nights but I'm happy to share the herds story now 🥰
Back in 2018 we welcomed out first two piggies Nugget and Fluffy to our family. We were absolutely besotted! A year to the day after we got them they had a major irreversible falling out caused by fluffys hormones. Fluffy needed a spay and they both needed new friends! Marshmallow joined Nugget but Fluffy was being tricky and rejected all the piggies she had 'rescue dating' with initially (we also found out she was fear aggressive) but showed some promise with an elderly arthritic sow princess. Princess had also been rejecting all possible companions but it was the most promise either had shown so we adopted her to try a 'slow bond' where they were neighbours for several weeks before finally becoming friends! Two unlikely companions but they formed the closest bond I've ever seen and Fluffy was such a good carer piggy! Unfortunately princess was diagnosed with an inoperable abdominal tumour 4 months after adoption and we had to say goodbye just 8.5months after welcoming her to our family right in the Peak of lockdown April 2020. Enter mal! Fluffy went full on flying balls of fur on poor 7 week old baby mal.. luckily Nugget and Marshmallow gladly took her into their group 🥰 we tried rescue dating again and again Fluffy became aggressive with every pig she tried to bond with. At this point she was becoming depressed and I was really starting to worry about her 😞 I was scrolling through the pet ads online and came across two sows from an accidental litter (flower and caramel) and decided to get them so that Fluffy could at least have neighbours (she would launch herself at the divide if Nugget was in the other side and it wouldn't have been fair to leave baby mal alone). Fluffy successfully slow bonded with flower and caramel 🤩 my girl finally had friends! She raised them well but she never had her spark back after we lost princess. In February of 2021 she suddenly stopped eating, I stayed up with her all night trying to syringe feed and then rushed her to the vets as soon as they opened. She was diagnosed with a respitory infection and passed a few hours later seconds after I hung up the phone from booking the second emergency appointment of the day. Flower and caramel then bonded with Nugget, Marshmallow and Mal and the group was formed 💖

That's a wonderful and fascinating story! I don't know much about piggies - but know more now! Beautiful piggies and lovely photos.

Well there is usually a Christmas photo competition in December! Piggies seem more amenable to sitting still with hats on than hamsters though :ROFLMAO:
Piggies are definitely easier to photo 🤣 though I don't think Addy is likely to want to unless she gets super tame super fast so I will likely have to come up with a different plan for this year's photos 🤣

This was charmanders and maples xmas photos 🥰
20221214_203602.jpgIMG_20211222_123551.jpgIMG_20211222_123602.jpgIMG_20211222_123535.jpg

With hamsters it takes patience :-) If I'm trying to achieve a particular set up, I set it up, let the hamster have an out of cage play for a bit then put them in the set up area. It can take a lot of photos before they finally sit still in a half decent place! Food often helps.

Day 3- goodmorning Teddy!
Look whos finally made his way to say hello 🥰 😍🤩 I should be sleeping since I won't get in from work for another 24hours but this is worth being awake for!
Taken 3 pumpkin seeds from my hand and given me a kiss through the bars 🥰
20230920_064304.jpg20230920_064259.jpg20230920_064045.jpg20230920_064026.jpg

Back