A week in the life of Orko - January

He looks really sweet with his tissue paper & it’s lovely to see him enjoying his new bean 😍
Mine have all been the same just eating the juiciest most tender bits of veg.
Aww thank you. Its really cute hamsters do that. I actually did not realise that until you all pointed it out.😍

Day 7

Orko was very busy in the early hours moving bedding to be beside his cage. I must ensure there is always a high bedding there for him. He enjoyed cucumber and his usual pinch of ground flax for breakfast. Here he is this morning. He pops in his hole for a few seconds and then back out again.

I made Orko a boredom breaker using the shell of his walnut. I mixed some of his seed mix, buckwheat flour and water and put the mixture in the walnut shell and cooked it for about 10 minutes. Here is a picture of it and of Orko trying it out.

20230124-131625.jpg
20230124-144417.jpg

This afternoon I manged to order some different seeds from Mixarama. The website would not work for me and they kindly sorted something out so I could place an order from there. Hopefully this has worked and Orko will have some new goodies to try out. :)

This is the last day in the week of Orko. I hope it has not been too boring. Not a lot has happened this week. :)

The boredom breaker is very clever and looks yummy! Always lovely to see Orko busying about. Not the slightest bit boring! What happened to the donut bed papier mache? Or is that for another time? :)

The boredom breaker is very clever and looks yummy! Always lovely to see Orko busying about. Not the slightest bit boring! What happened to the donut bed papier mache? Or is that for another time? :)
Sadly it is still not dry! It has been in the oven for short bursts but still not totally dry so I did not think to write about it. :)

We can look forward to hearing about it/seeing it some other time then - when it's finished :). Thank you for doing this month's "Week in the Life of". I believe Beryl is going to do the next one in February. Any volunteers to do the one after in March?

I love the way he has a zoom around before tucking into breakfast & he’s clearly really enjoying that cucumber 😋
The boredom breaker was a great idea & he looks really cute having a munch on it.
A week in the life of Orko could never be boring, always plenty happening in his little world bless him 😍

I love the way he has a zoom around before tucking into breakfast & he’s clearly really enjoying that cucumber 😋
The boredom breaker was a great idea & he looks really cute having a munch on it.
A week in the life of Orko could never be boring, always plenty happening in his little world bless him 😍
Aw that was so lovely to hear. Thank you. :)

A week in the life of Orko has been fantastic! So many beautiful photos and footage of him having fun in his home, he’s so cute to watch, busily pottering about 😊

A week in the life of Orko has been fantastic! So many beautiful photos and footage of him having fun in his home, he’s so cute to watch, busily pottering about 😊
I am so pleased you enjoyed seeing Orko's week. :)

I really have enjoyed following Orco’s week, hearing about his days and watching the videos of what he gets up to. Thanks for going to all that trouble RainbowBrite and for getting this idea off the ground.

I really have enjoyed following Orco’s week, hearing about his days and watching the videos of what he gets up to. Thanks for going to all that trouble RainbowBrite and for getting this idea off the ground.
Thank you so much Coco. I am so happy you enjoyed it.😀

Back