Blossom 🌸

What a busy girl. Is that a pile of smelly substrate to be taken away by any chance? :-)

What a busy girl. Is that a pile of smelly substrate to be taken away by any chance? :-)
She is due for a clean out, so it could well be! However, I did actually give her a decent clean out just a couple of weeks ago and changed a reasonable amount of her bedding, so it shouldn’t really be that bad! And actually, her cage doesn’t smell! She is really only due a spot clean! Maybe she’s just getting super fussy!! I’m not sure any more where she is weeing…I couldn’t actually find her wee spot when I gave her a good clean out a couple of weeks ago….maybe it’s in that lot…although it doesn’t smell…baffling 🤔

Last edited:
What's amazing is that she took it all up onto the shelf! I do wonder if you're meant to take it away. As that's near the top opening section. When my hamsters used to chuck out a big pile of bedding they used to put it near the front door so it was a pretty clear signal to take it away!

Is it on the shelf? I can't see really - or is it the corner opposite the shelf? Is it anywhere near where she sleeps? It might just be a draught excluding zone - a bit of insulation? I'd probably leave it there for now.

What's amazing is that she took it all up onto the shelf! I do wonder if you're meant to take it away. As that's near the top opening section. When my hamsters used to chuck out a big pile of bedding they used to put it near the front door so it was a pretty clear signal to take it away!

Is it on the shelf? I can't see really - or is it the corner opposite the shelf? Is it anywhere near where she sleeps? It might just be a draught excluding zone - a bit of insulation? I'd probably leave it there for now.
It's all just stacked up in a big pile in the corner, not actually on the shelf. It's in the opposite corner to where she sleeps. Her nest is in the back corner under the shelf. She definitely has strong ideas about where she wants her bedding. She keeps the area under the platform at the back of the cage completely clear and poops there. She has also cleared the bedding away from the hide in the corner opposite the wheel. Maybe this is the resulting excess slag heap from all her excavations 🤔 It's difficult to tell! If it is smelly bedding she doesn't want any more, then I'm happy to take it away, but if she does want it there for a purpose, then I don't want to upset her if I remove it 🤔

It looks like it's over her nesting area? When Raffy had a pile, it was because he'd dug a burrow underneath and it pushed everything up. He got quite upset if I messed with it! Maybe put some cardboard inside the bars next to it so it doesn't fall out so much? Hopefully she won't chew it!

Back