Dumbo

That's really good news. She's looking lovely and fluffy :-)

He fur is lovely. Will she let you brush it? Does she need to be brushed, or does she look after it herself? So great that she is looking so well!

Dumbo is looking well. Great to hear the sneezing has gone. She’s looks so sweet sitting in her bowl

Thanks all, for the praise 😁
a bit shock, it looks like Dumbo have a balls, mean that Dumbo is a male. I will confirm this once more. The balls doesnt appear before, however i looks closer for check up and Dumbo does have it 🤣.

Dumbo appear to have some allergy to a soap scent, the sneeze still coming and gone and not give any of runny nose or clicking sound. I still on search to find pet owner soap for dishwasher and my hand.

Dumbo have a habit to sleep in terrible place, yesterday Dumbo got stuck beside the multichamber, i moved the multichamber a bit and made the space more larger for Dumbo to not get stuck.

Now Dumbo back to that place for sleep

20240916_141216.jpg

Im ensure to not disturb Dumbo while took this photo.

So he is a boy after all ha ha :-) Yes hamsters can be very sensitive to any perfumes so things like air freshener can affect them as well as hand soap. I use unscented soap :-) Maybe Dumbo is feeling warm so sleeping in the open sort of :-) Although sometimes they abandon a house if it's just been cleaned out eg.

So he is a boy after all ha ha :-) Yes hamsters can be very sensitive to any perfumes so things like air freshener can affect them as well as hand soap. I use unscented soap :-) Maybe Dumbo is feeling warm so sleeping in the open sort of :-) Although sometimes they abandon a house if it's just been cleaned out eg.
Kinda confused with Dumbo gender, from male to female and back again to male 😆. I will confirm it once again, if Dumbo really a boy later.

Dumbo does moves a lot during the day, he just move from one spot to another spot. Cactus hideout, castle hideout, multichamber, under the litter tray, inside the litter tray, below the platform, behind the wheel 🤣

i just wanted to know, does dessert sand have any subtitutes? I wonder how many kind of things that can absord pee well beside dessert sand or zeolite sand

Reactions: Maz
He fur is lovely. Will she let you brush it? Does she need to be brushed, or does she look after it herself? So great that she is looking so well!
Ahh, Dumbo just woke up and he will look it after himself. Sometimes when he want to be hold, i just use an eyelash brush or toothbrush to groom his coat.

Natural sand and desert sand are both ok.

I don't know I'm afraid. I 'm using Komodo natural sand and don't find it dusty :)

I already checked it, we dont have it in here 🥲. We just have exoterra and reptisand. The rest is like homemade natural sand.

The reviews on Amazon for Reptisand seem to think it's not dusty :) The same with Exo terra desert sand. You'd probably be ok with either. But if you think it's the sand making him sneeze, then maybe just try without sand for a while.

The reviews on Amazon for Reptisand seem to think it's not dusty :) The same with Exo terra desert sand. You'd probably be ok with either. But if you think it's the sand making him sneeze, then maybe just try without sand for a while.
Yeah, hopefully the allergic test would be done sooner than i expected. I still on crosschecking and collecting, a lot works on going. Either sand, pee scent, soap scent or my scent which is made him sound like sneeze. I dont know if this is a cry/chirping or a sneeze sound.

Could you try and get a recording of him making the sound? Some hamsters are quite vocal and do chirrup.

Could you try and get a recording of him making the sound? Some hamsters are quite vocal and do chirrup.
I will, it seems that my appearance also affected him. Whether its a sneeze or vocal of scared.

Reactions: Maz
I did think that Dumbo had a lot of fluff for a female hamster. He is gorgeous.
Hahaha, well i never know this before. He got a long coat on his tail area which is make the ball keep hidden until he is grow up. When the first time he came to me, i though he is a female.

I believe the male long haired hamsters do have the longer coat tails :) Maybe Dumbo is just pleased to see you so makes noises!

Back