Gardens and wildlife

Oh so does it make the ground a bit too wet in winter?
 
My most recent critter photos

A painted lady butterfly on some cat food
1000006114.webp

A metallic wood boring beetle on my hand. They can actually detect fires from far away!
1000006923.webp
An invasive Geranium Bronze butterfly.
1000007313.webp
I dont know if this counts as wildlife but I thought this street cat was funny.
1000007216.webp

A snail hanging upside down. So cute!
1000007177.webp
Sometimes I wish I studied biology in university, but it's too late for that now.
 
Great photos and this topic is quite varied so I'm sure the street cat counts as a sort of wildlife :-) I particularly love the snail photo. And re your comment about sometimes wishing you had studied biology at University - sometimes it's nicer to have an interest just as a hobby rather than study it academically :-) Which can make it very analytical.
 
We visited an Arboretum today - didn't have chance to stay long there so we plan to go back for a full day at some point as there are a lot of walks and also an animal and bird of prey section. But took a few photos while there. Later, in the local park, I saw a squirrel having a good prance around :-) Managed to get reasonably close before scaring it off, but not quite close enough so these are cropped - on the original he was in the distance. I thought he seemed really quite big for a squirrel - at first from a distance he looked like a skunk he was so big!

PA011029.webp

PA011030.webp

PA011032.webp

PA011033.webp

PA011036.webp

PA011040 cropped.webp

PA011041 cropped.webp

PA011043 cropped.webp
 
Such a beautiful Arboretum, the colours of the trees are fantastic 😍 l love the pictures of the squirrel 🐿️ it looks like he decided to pose for the last one... Really beautiful. You were lucky with the weather too🥰💞💕 Ness
 
What a lovely place 😍 Trees are really fascinating and these are so beautifully landscaped, exciting. So peaceful too. The squirrel is delightful ❤️🐾 🐿️ You take good pictures 👌📸
 
Well it helped that there was a half price sale! And I'm going to sell an old camera to pay for it!
Great, looking forward to seeing your photies 📸 Yes, photographers have lots of exciting tech to choose from 😍
 
I'm not really into the tech, it's just a lens for the distance. But yes even a lens is tech now - I used to like everything manual and mechanical.
 
Back
Top