Leo

I got home yesterday but ended up going to bed early so didn't see Leo. However I've finally seen him these evening. He looked a bit surprised to see me, like he thought I'd gone for ever.

20231202_211354.jpg

What an amazing expression he has! I hope you had a nice break. :)
I did, thank you. I stayed with some family for a few days.
That is definitely an expression :) I read it as slightly stern - pleased to see you but with slight disapproval at you not being there!
That was how I read it too!

Yesterday it was Leo's first birthday!

Rosewood Naturals Flower and Forage I got him an and "Pea 'n' Mint Rollers". And all the animals had dried rosebuds to celebrate, except that Leo refused to eat his. At least Toby and the gerbils liked them.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any good photos of him. He was in one of his funny moods and got up late. I suppose he has the right to be grumpy and sleep in on his birthday of all days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday to Leo. 🎂🥳🎉 I don’t blame him staying snug in this cold weather! I’m sure he’ll enjoy his treats though.

Those flower and forage things look so nice :) I think both links go to the pea and mint roller though. So have edited the first link if you let me know if it’s the correct item I’ve linked!

Happy Birthday to Leo. 🎂🥳🎉 I don’t blame him staying snug in this cold weather! I’m sure he’ll enjoy his treats though.

Those flower and forage things look so nice :) I think both links go to the pea and mint roller though. So have edited the first link if you let me know if it’s the correct item I’ve linked!
It is, thank you :)

Reactions: Maz
Yesterday it was Leo's first birthday!

Rosewood Naturals Flower and Forage I got him an and "Pea 'n' Mint Rollers". And all the animals had dried rosebuds to celebrate, except that Leo refused to eat his. At least Toby and the gerbils liked them.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any good photos of him. He was in one of his funny moods and got up late. I suppose he has the right to be grumpy and sleep in on his birthday of all days!
Cinnamon is the same way. Dried flowers and leaves seem to be mostly a way to beautify his cage for him 😆

Cinnamon is the same way. Dried flowers and leaves seem to be mostly a way to beautify his cage for him 😆
Leo likes some dried flowers but this was the first time I offered him a rosebud and he just wasn't interested! He didn't even sniff it. I held it out to him and he looked right past it and checked the rest of my hand for treats like it didn't even exist.

Leo likes some dried flowers but this was the first time I offered him a rosebud and he just wasn't interested! He didn't even sniff it. I held it out to him and he looked right past it and checked the rest of my hand for treats like it didn't even exist.
ONCE Cinnamon seemed to drag a rose petal into his hideaway, but mostly I think he likes to forage through them to see if any seeds are buried underneath. Of course, right after I post this the most unusual thing occurred. We do have a dried flower mix for hamsters that we occasionally sprinkle in the cage. Today I looked in and found the fluffy remnants of the inside of one of the dried flowers! It looks like he must have started picking at a bud and tearing it apart! I SO wish I had a video of what had occurred because I've never seen him so much as sniff around flowers, but now we have bud fluff scattered near some moss.

Back