March monthly thread - Raffy and other things

Also, this is Ducky. Ducky is a doorstop. Really beautfully made. I got Ducky from a shop in the Lake District a few years ago where they sold quite a few hand made crafts. Ducky has a weighted bottom so he stays put. Currently he is used to prop up the barrier between the living room and the kitchen when Raffy is out. But he's not quite strong enough to stop Raffy pushing the barrier forwards a bit and escaping, so he is accompanied by a Wellington boot propping the barrier up as well.

View attachment 6528
He is gorgeous! Very smartly turned put!

Lovely to see all the signs of spring appearing in the garden now, I do love primroses, mine have been out for ages but it’s mostly been quite mild here & they obviously don’t mind all the rain!
Love the photo of Raffy on his tube, his face in the videos is so sweet, he really didn’t want to you to go to bed did he!
Your scones look great too!

Interesting to see your garden just coming into bloom...several weeks later than in the south east. Liking the little oven..has me thinking of options!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic week. It has been so interesting seeing the pictures and reading all about your week. You live in such a pretty area. It has such beautiful plant life and flowers. I loved those videos of Raffy. I wanted to reach out and hold him as he looks so adorable. 😍

Those scones look delicious! I love cheese scones. By the way, Sprite likes your voice because he woke up when I was playing the video and he is now in his playpen. 😊

Aw thank you Lovelyness and Rainbow :) Yes the little mini oven is great. I’ve used mini ovens before but they have usually been pretty basic and chunky. This one is the size of a microwave and has some great electronic fearures to make life really simple and cooking foolproof! . It cooks everything perfectly. Although it’s quite small it fits just about everything. A medium chicken fits in with potatoes round it but a turkey wouldn’t fit. Some casserole dishes that are tall with knobs on top wouldn’t fit but all mine do. It’ll fit two 7” cake tins sort of angled next to each other and no burnt edges where they are nearer the back or front.

The only mistake I made was cooking mince pies without the oven pan. My mince pie tin didn’t fit inside the oven pan so I put it in on the rack on its own and of course the mincemeat leaked out and dripped onto the elements - which took some careful cleaning off. So I’ve invested in a smaller six hole bun tin for such things. But it comes with a good oven pan and grill rack and also a round flat pan for putting pizzas on. I really love the slow cooker function and the knobs are very easy to turn (that’s not an issue for me but could be important for Antone with arthritis).

Now I just need to do more cooking ha ha.

Rainbow that is lovely Sprite liked my voice! Maybe he recognised it as a hamster speaking voice :)

I did like the photos of the Lake District as I have never been there. Also the robin and that reminded me to update the garden thread about my visitors.

Primroses are such pretty flowers and are out around here now. Plenty of daffodils too so it’s nice to see you catching up further north. More to come for you Maz.

The photos and videos of Raffy were great and seeing him use his wheel so well means that if he has any issues with his back legs then at least it isn’t serious.

It’s a great week Maz and your efforts are enjoyed and much appreciated.

Aw thank you Lovelyness and Rainbow :) Yes the little mini oven is great. I’ve used mini ovens before but they have usually been pretty basic and chunky. This one is the size of a microwave and has some great electronic fearures to make life really simple and cooking foolproof! . It cooks everything perfectly. Although it’s quite small it fits just about everything. A medium chicken fits in with potatoes round it but a turkey wouldn’t fit. Some casserole dishes that are tall with knobs on top wouldn’t fit but all mine do. It’ll fit two 7” cake tins sort of angled next to each other and no burnt edges where they are nearer the back or front.

The only mistake I made was cooking mince pies without the oven pan. My mince pie tin didn’t fit inside the oven pan so I put it in on the rack on its own and of course the mincemeat leaked out and dripped onto the elements - which took some careful cleaning off. So I’ve invested in a smaller six hole bun tin for such things. But it comes with a good oven pan and grill rack and also a round flat pan for putting pizzas on. I really love the slow cooker function and the knobs are very easy to turn (that’s not an issue for me but could be important for Antone with arthritis).

Now I just need to do more cooking ha ha.

Rainbow that is lovely Sprite liked my voice! Maybe he recognised it as a hamster speaking voice :)
I had a Google for mini ovens, and there are a few which look like very interesting options. It’s always useful to have a review from someone who’s using one already 👍

Oh yes, I forgot to include earlier, particular appreciation of the cheese scones. A great favourite here but nothing beats home made ones - yum!

Special mention for Ducky too😀

I had a Google for mini ovens, and there are a few which look like very interesting options. It’s always useful to have a review from someone who’s using one already 👍
It's this one :) Curry's and Amazon sell it too but John Lewis has an additional year's guarantee included. It's not cheap but it's very good.

Last edited:
Work has overtaken everything this week and I’ve missed your wonderful update, so I’m just catching up.

Great videos of Raffy, he’s so gorgeous and he still looks very agile for his age, super jump out of the tube onto the shelf, not sure I was expecting it. So sweet that he hops into the tube when you call him to go home too. Made me chuckle when he kept reversing ends to walk out. I think he was contemplating more out of cage time again 😂

The snooze cube and donut bed photos just melted my heart, all gorgeous. As did the video of Raffy asking to come back out and play after he’d already had a good play time.

As for the scones, what can I say, they look amazing! so big, I’d have to hide them from myself. Thanks for a super update and all the wonderful scenery photos too 😄😄

Back