Tino's thread

Ooh, when is the playpen arriving? I'm excited for you guys, Tino is going to be a bundle of fun on his adventures

• Love
Reactions: Maz
I'm not sure yet :-) It hasn't been shipped yet and HHH can be quite slow at delivery. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Yes it's getting a bit easier/more interesting now and he's getting used to me. I think being out in the cage tonight was a change for the better :)

Tino looks amazing! It is just great to see him enjoying being stroked and getting attention!

That’s great that he’s begun to come out in the cage & nice to see him out in the tub again too, he is funny in the wheel it’s like a rocking chair & he really seems to like sitting there.

Beautiful boy. Lovely to see him out investigating. I thought the rocking chair wheel was funny too 😂

Aw thanks. Yes he is getting a bit more interactive. And pouches everything he sees. He already had full pouches when he went in the bath which is why he looks a bit like a figure of 8 :ROFLMAO: He has a large back end, and with full pouches at the front ............ It's really good he's actually out in his cage with someone around now and clearly wanted to come out. It's funny he doesn't actually try running in that wheel when he runs like crazy in the wheel in his cage at night but I think he is quite slow and dopey in the bathtub. But clearly not that slow and dopey as he tried really hard to push out of the taxi tube on his way back to his cage!

So a few days of no show and quiet, and tonight Tino was banging on the bars again. Presumably to let me know he wants to come out. He just walked into a tube again - no treats in it this time. He loves his food and pouching. He had a very short time in the bathtub. First he ate from my hand and pouched a lot, then sat in a couple of hides, and then showed he wanted to go back by trying to climb up the sides and looking up at me.

He had very full pouches so I think that's why he wanted to go back.

That’s great that he’s coming out more again now, he really does love his food doesn’t he!
Lovely to watch him exploring & nibbling & stuffing those pouches.

• Love
He is in great shape! It's lovely how he eats calmly without glancing around. He seems very much in charge.

Wow ...hes so chunky monkey !! hes gorgeous... More Tino please. :love::love::love:

• Love
I would like more Tino as well :) Yes I think he's bigger again ha ha. He was very clear he wanted to be out of the bathtub after pouching his food and almost hopped into the tube when I offered it, so he's getting used to being transported in a taxi. However he is still very difficult to carry in a tube. He really tries to get out! (Which is how he escaped last time). I've ended up holding one end against my stomach/clothing to block it and my hand firmly over the other end, but he pushes hard against my hand and manages to get his nose out through the tiniest gap! It's the kind of thing that makes people move their hand thinking they're going to be bitten as he pushes really hard. But I didn't - I just have to walk a bit quicker back to the cage ha ha.

Last time I took him back in the snooze cube, which was a bit easier, holding the cloth entrance closed.

Yes he is developing a bit of an "I'm in charge" personality :)

He's baby guinea pig size...!! he'd fit Buddy in his pouch !! haha. His fur is so shiny.. beautiful... OMG ...I don't want Buddy to hear this and get hurt feelings cause hes still " best Boy "( !! Buddy must be runt of litter etc).... Tino is more like I remember my first hamster being.... he has a weighty majesty to him.....

Last edited:
They are just all so different aren't they? Raffy is smaller and more delicate bone structure somehow, but his fur is lovely and soft and fluffy. I was surprised Tino wasn't flufflier. Our first Syrian was very large and we did think he must be related to a guinea pig :ROFLMAO: . But he was soft and fluffy too. I think he was part golden hamster but banded. He had similar face markings.

I also don't want Tino to hear this but he probably isn't a very good "type" for a pedigree - his head is quite small in proportion to his body. Official breeders tend to keep one good "type" from a litter, and rehome the others.

I think Raffy might have been a runt too as he was so small when he came to me. But then runts tend to stay small rather than grow so maybe some of it is just failure to thrive until they get the right care and diet.

They are just all so different aren't they? Raffy is smaller and more delicate bone structure somehow, but his fur is lovely and soft and fluffy. I was surprised Tino wasn't flufflier. Our first Syrian was very large and we did think he must be related to a guinea pig :ROFLMAO: . But he was soft and fluffy too. I think he was part golden hamster but banded. He had similar face markings.

I also don't want Tino to hear this but he probably isn't a very good "type" for a pedigree - his head is quite small in proportion to his body. Official breeders tend to keep one good "type" from a litter, and rehome the others.
Perhaps his mother and father married for love 😄

• Love

Ohh thats interesting... I think Buddy has a smaller head too....relative to the rest of him....but at the end of the day all thats matters is that they are happy and healthy and I love him to bits,:love:

• Love
Exactly :-). They are all little individuals - I’m getting really fond of Tino - it was difficult to get find of him when I never saw him!

It would be boring if all hamsters looked the same. It’s nice they have their little quirks.

Back