仓鼠 Tsang Shu

IMG_1590.jpeg
Tsang Shu learned to climb the fence. She runs to the opening of the Tube, then races down the Tube and jumps into the Wheel.

Tim.jpeg

The Timothy Hay arrived. It is on the right side of the cage. Tsang Shu is chewing on one clump. Another is standing vertical in a hole in the top of her wooden hideout.

Reactions: Maz
IMG_1697.jpeg
I was looking to see if her burrow were revealed on the backside of her cage. It was not. I did find an Escape Hatch.

The wooden six-room Hide has a hole in front, it has another hole next to the Water Dish In which there is Timothy Hay.

To the right of the Hide, behind the cardboard ramp, between the Hide and a wooden Chew Toy, I photographed an Escape Hatch. I just noticed it. Never seen her use it.

They sometimes change habits or take a while to start using some things. It looks like she’s settling in and enjoying things though :)

IMG_1709.jpeg
I had been dissatisfied with my having just laid the Sprays on the substrate. I saw this in someone else's cage.

I took each species of Spray and put them together and stuck them upright in the substrate.

Tsang Shu came out very early. At 6:10 pm she was running in her wheel.

I was cooking dinner and had sliced a cucumber for the salad. I took two small seedless pieces to Tsang Shu's cage. I turned on a lamp, pulled open the top and put one piece of Cuke in her water dish upstairs and yhe othere at the edge of her feeding dish downstairs.

Tsang Shu went to her water dish and sniffed the Cuke. She immediately ran downstairs and sniffed the Cuke. Then she headed underground into her burrow.

She finally came back out and started sniffing her cucumbers at 6:56 pm.

If you give her cucumber you don’t need to remove the seeds, I think the seeds are usually the favoutie part!
I wouldn’t put anything in her water dish either, you want that to stay clean, maybe just put it on top of the house.

I think she'll really enjoy cucumber :) Did she eat it in the end? Agree that it's probably better not to put it in her water. It may put her off drinking the water as well. Hamsters are like that sometimes with things in water. But she'll love a piece of cucumber I'm sure.

She started moving around at 6:10pm
She was running in her Wheel next day at 6:30am
I just heard her scratching inside her wooden hideout at 11:50am

IMG_2484.jpeg
She pushes bedding against the opening
And also at the top hole
IMG_2485.jpeg

That shows she is cosy on there :-). They like to block themselves in and block light out.

All my Chinese hamsters have blocked off the doors to their houses, they like to make their own private entrance somewhere else.

IMG_2572.jpeg

Here she nibbles one of two pieces of Cucumber.

She let the cucumber desiccate. I removed both pieces. I have two small water dishes. If I choose to feed her a vegetable, it needs to sit in one of the water dishes and I shall leave the Water Dish for water only.

Nuts do not need moisture. But she responds best if each nut is broken in half, or crumbled. I sprinkled pieces of nuts in 5 places about the cage.

Did you try leaving the seeds in the cucumber? She might prefer that.
What else have you tried other than the spinach &. broccoli?
Red pepper is usually a favourite, definitely remove any seeds from that though.

That sounds good sprinkling the bits of nut so she can forage for them. If veg isn’t gone the next morning, it’s best to just remove it. Sometimes they only eat a tiny bit and leave the rest.

Last edited:
She is still up, moving from the Wheel to the Water Bottle up the Tube to the top of her House, now she is inside the Vase.

The tissue was a good idea. Spreading crushed nuts seemed to be of her liking. Foraging is natural. The flat stones give her a different texture. The log I placed over the bare end of the Tube. She actually enters the log at times, between the Tube and the Log.

No nibbles at the zucchini yet but I crumbled one fourth of a hard boiled egg and spooned it into her dish, beside the other food. She loves it. Protein.

I will not do that often, but she is really attracted to it.

Back