Molly

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate Molly keeps trying to escape, I wonder what she's stressed from? The enclosure looks big and deep enough, and there's enough to do.

It's so early on, maybe just give her a few interaction free days to re-settle in? Or maybe it's Raffy's smell, she's trying to leave his territory?

I hope you're able to figure it out, she seems very sweet and friendly in all the interactions you guys have had.
Good points. I don't think she is stressed really - just totally maverick - she's the same out of the cage!

I gave Sprite scrambled egg for the first time yesterday and he moved it round his bowl to see if there was a treat hidden underneath then ignored it. Looks like he and Molly dislike egg. 😂

Wow Molly has a lot of energy. She reminds me of our old dwarfie! I wouldn’t say she looks stressed, on the contrary it looks like she’s having a great time in her lovely home🥰
And it’s lovely she’s seeking out lots of interaction with you❤️

She just wants to be out all the time!

Here she is at lunch time today

IMG_1076.jpeg

Please excuse my voice - I forgot to remove the audio!

She looks so tiny standing in her wheel! I loved it when she popped up in the plane hide. She is just so cute. Do not worry about your voice. Is it nice to hear you talking to her. :)

That's unfortunate Molly keeps trying to escape, I wonder what she's stressed from? The enclosure looks big and deep enough, and there's enough to do.

It's so early on, maybe just give her a few interaction free days to re-settle in? Or maybe it's Raffy's smell, she's trying to leave his territory?

I hope you're able to figure it out, she seems very sweet and friendly in all the interactions you guys have had.
I think most hamsters look for a way out at some point! :ROFLMAO: She is incredibly active. She doesn't seem to be bothered by Raffy being nearby as far as I can tell - other than perhaps being miffed that he was out free roaming after I put her back in the cage! As she was in a rescue for a while I reckon she must be used to other hamsters being around. I think they climb because they can - but it does make me wonder if a barred enclosure is the right thing for her - even though there are hardly any bars with all the perspex attached.

Molly is just so cute, I love seeing her, she looked adorable in the little plane!

I don’t think she could be less stressed tbh! She just having a huge amount of fun exploring everything.
Wasn’t she born in the rescue? She must be completely used to having both other hams & people around.

Thanks Jain. Yes it's lovely - although a bit hectic ha ha! I currently have two highly active hamsters, which is a first. Raffy should be behaving like an old hamster now, and he isn't ha ha.

I once had two Syrians at the same time - both shy and neither wanted to come out very often.

Thanks Elusive :-) She wasn't actually born in the rescue but was there from maybe 2 or 3 weeks old and lived with her siblings initially, then on her own. She is really hand tame - but sees your hand more as a route to escape! I don't think any playpen will be big enough for her!

Honestly Frida - she looked really quite annoyed! She had just gone back in her cage after a not particularly long time in the play bin. Which maybe woke Raffy up earlier than usual! So after I popped her back in her cage (and after washing my hands of course), I let Raffy walk into his tube for the free roaming time. Molly was stood at her cage door almost jumping up and down! She was definitely watching! Having a little tantrum.

Now I have an image of Raffy showing off.

Raffy: hello Molly, look what I'm doing... Oh what's that you're saying? You're not allowed to free roam. Oh well, nevermind. You can watch me instead 🐹🤣

Molly seems to have stopped the roof exploring :-) I had a good look through the nightcam footage for last night and no roof climbing. Maybe she's realised it doesn't go anywhere now. She did sit at the front and look up at the roof 2 or 3 times but didn't bother to try and go up there :)

She was up most of the night being busy!

Here are 3 short video clips of her last night - she uses her whole cage and did a lot of wheeling during the night - in between snacking and foraging and stopping to look up at the roof.

Here she is about 2am

This one is two short clips joined together as the first one was just a few seconds. Between 4am and 4.30am. She had taken some food up to the top of her cork log and was sat munching for ages. The Queen of her Castle :) . Then some more foraging.

Then about 5.30am - where she has a long look at the roof again.

She did have a busy night!
Maybe she just got bored or the roof trick! She does look cute when she stops & looks up though 😍
Her eyes look huge against her black fur on the night cam!

Thanks all :-) Jain I wish I had her energy too! Frida - I also love it when she meerkats! She does it a lot. Elusive - I hadn't noticed her eyes on the video! Off to have another look. She does seem to have quite big eyes generally. Rainbow - yes she loves that cork log. She's always running over it or sitting on top. Although she doesn't seem to have ever been in the blue shell with the cork granules and doesn't seem that interested in the sand bath either - other than to run through it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back