Second chance hamsters

He had a tiny wheel that attached to a plastic platform but kept falling off.

This photo was taken after i had put sand, toilet paper strips, millet etc in and shows the wheel.

20230430_135333.jpg

Was it a ferplast favola? I always thought that could be a good cage if it was twice the size.

Their substrate was petshop own make woodchips without any bedding.
That particular brand of woodchips is very hard and coarse. It's truly awful.
I sometimes use woodchips in play areas of temporary foster cages but use a brand produced in a local wood mill which is so soft and doesn't have big stabby pieces.

Fab. While eating my omelette roll (extra egg 🙂), i've located a Hamster Heaven with a Kaytee comfort wheel which is bigger than the MouseBro i think and bits for £20.
Off to collect when seller is back from her run.

I'll put the long low table up again with Otto's Alaska on it and the HH next to it for Toby and the playbin underneath it.

I'm off now to buy more of those luxury fat balls the garden birds are mad on and then hopefully collect the HH.
Looks like another busy couple of days.

Got the cage which is the Metro and in very good and clean condition with a comfort wheel. In fact, she had two Metros plus wheel both in equally good condition. I bought both and have a spare now. Too good a bargain to leave behind. I know that they are below recommended sizes nowadays but i think that many dwarfs can be happy in this cage if set up well and combined with regular out of cage time should they like it.

I don't think the Comfort wheel is bigger than the MouseBro and the MouseBro is a much better wheel (ball bearings) so i'll put it in the playground.

I get confused when you say the metro :-) Do you mean the sky metro? The one that looks like the HH but without the penthouse? I think both that and the HH are called metro (and a few other of their cages) - the metro bit is usually the ones with tubes.

I know which one you mean now. Believe it or not there are smaller metro cages too! Any of their cages that have tubes have metro on the end.

Spelos metro

I've moved Toby over tonight and stuck to the same set up as in the bin cage so it won't be too much of a change. Living area to the left and play area to the right.
It's not finished yet but too tired to do more tonight.

20230502_004800.jpg20230502_004818.jpg

Back