Second chance hamsters

Aw he looks to be really enjoying that :) Are you keeping him or rehoming him?

I took the pink shelf out of Davy's HH and replaced it with a big house as Maz had already suggested earlier.
Davy doesn't use a potty and i couldn't even find a pee corner. I think he peed anywhere under the shelf but also nested and hoarded there.
Syrians pee a lot more than a dwarf or Robo so his home started to smell within a few days.
I hope that he will start a toileting corner in a more condensed space like a house so i can start to potty train him or at least add an en suite toilet to his house.
He moved into his house immediately because it was in the right place where he wanted to sleep.

Good to hear the house is working for him & he’s happy just sleeping in the same place, fingers crossed he settles on a pee spot & starts to use an en suite.
Must be nice to be rid of a pink shelf!

I had foster dwarf Toby out in the playground last night. He wasn't scared but wasn't overly impressed either. He's not used to handling and quite fast but didn't bite me which is always a bonus. Toby loves running on his wheel and runs around in his cage a lot. He seems very excited to have a bit of space. I added a tube run which is held in place by cable ties so easy to remove if he doesn't like it.
Sadly, i'm at work overnight but my OH likes to relax amongst the hamsters and will let me know what Toby was up to.
20230503_084250.jpg

Aww, thank you.

Here's little not so shy now Davy climbing out of his cage and onto my leg to get to the floor. He's been hopping about for a while but had to wait his turn as Lilly was out.20230504_210939.jpg

Back