Second chance hamsters

One dwarfie has already a loving home lined up. I got both because i knew that i would not be able to leave one behind. I don't know yet who is moving where and will attend to that later. My immediate task is to give them a health check and make them more comfortable in their cages until i know more.

He's going to move into a better cage of course.

Now i got to think what to do with the dwarfie i knew fine i couldn't leave behind.

He'll have to go into a small bin for now but he's a big dwarf. Hmm, i haven't thought this out very well.....

Even a small bin with some enrichment will be an improvement for him I’m sure, I hope you can work something out that works for both him & you, you couldn’t have just left him behind.

The ears are up which is always a good sign.
I put his little plastic hut in because he's used to it and took the nicer ceramic hide out for now.
The plastic hut was the only thing in his cage aside from the plastic food bowl and bottle.

Fantastic Beryl, another two dwarfs saved. Lovely that one already has a forever home and Toby’s looking happy in his bin cage, he’s no doubt never seen so much enrichment, no wonder he’s dived into the Kaytee already, he’ll be in super explore mode. You do such an amazing job for all the hamsters.

Just caught up with this! You've had a busy day :) So glad the first dwarfie went to a lovely home. Toby is a great name. He does look quite big doesn't he. I think he looks ok in that wheel. What is it? An 8"? The bin is full of lovely enrichment and I am sure he loves his temporary home. Glad he abandoned the little hut. I thought it was so sad when you said all he had in the cage was the little hut a plastic food bowl and a bottle. Not even a wheel?

Last edited:
Back