Second chance hamsters

She's gorgeous!

Same town, same shop. Different Sunday. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Dwarfie was kept with his brother in an adoption tank. They were squeaking and squabbling, one holding the other down. I sent a video to someone who knows more about hamsters than i do. She confirmed my worry and said "that's bullying behaviour". We know how quickly this can escalate into serious fighting causing injury or worse.

There was only one quick fix solution. To remove one from the scene....and straight into my little emergency cage.

20230212_132359.jpg

They really don’t care do they. So glad you were there to rescue this little one, hope there are no injuries to worry about & this one will recover from it’s ordeal soon. Lovely little ham 😍

Oh no! That place seems to be unaware they are causing so much harm continuing to put dwarfies together. You are amazing to save one Beryl. Thankfully they will not be bullied any more. If only the shop would change their policy.

Same town, same shop. Different Sunday. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Dwarfie was kept with his brother in an adoption tank. They were squeaking and squabbling, one holding the other down. I sent a video to someone who knows more about hamsters than i do. She confirmed my worry and said "that's bullying behaviour". We know how quickly this can escalate into serious fighting causing injury or worse.

There was only one quick fix solution. To remove one from the scene....and straight into my little emergency cage.

View attachment 1478
So glad you took him out of there. Are you going to write to them about it? He is an unusual colouring and looks quite chunky!

He’ll probably get used to it! Pip was like that in a 9” wheel to start with. Is the surface slippery though?

I can see why he reminds you of Ozzy. I wonder what his story was and how he came to be in the shop.

He must be so happy with his wonderful new world!
He does have gorgeous thick fur, love his name too, it really seems to suit him.

Back