Second chance hamsters

A hamster can move too. I think once you see one looking for a home, you may just simply get him. Must be strange to be without a hamster.

I know what you mean. Happy Hamsters do have a whole litter of hamsters who are not ready yet so perhaps one of them can be mine once I have moved.

I already have 2 dogs and 5 rabbits to move so trying to keep everything else as simple as possible!

Glad to say that two Syrians were adopted in a rescue in their cages.
I can now donate my spare Alaska with the set up and other surplus hamster stuff.
That will benefit rescue hamsters and ours because i'll have a bit of space to create more out of cage time activities for them.

I had to stop for a take away coffee to calm myself down before driving home.

I looked in the adoption section of a petshop and saw two dwarfs sharing a tank. They were chasing each other and fighting while making a lot of noise.

They are in my car in individual transport boxes now and on their way to a better life.

Oh thank goodness you rescued them! You are amazing Beryl. I hope you are okay.

So glad you found them, such beautiful little hams, good to know they’ll now have the life they deserve.
Are they ok after the fighting?

So glad you got them. The first one looks a bit staggery - maybe just disorientated. I am sure they will settle down now in separate cages.

They look ok physically i think from whati could see but they were very stressed. The rescue has space and set up two cages already. Both hams are quiet now and sleeping in the hides. They must be exhausted from having to live like that.
The rescue is good at rehabilitating hamsters and will only rehome when they are ready and confident enough.

Good they have somewhere to go. Which rescue is it? Should we link them on here?

Not that long ago the rescue took in two dwarfs that were kept together. One was badly injured with a mauled foot. The foot will never be right but it healed and dwarfie uses it like the rest of her paws. Both dwarfs found lovely homes but the "imperfect" one was adopted first.

Good they have somewhere to go. Which rescue is it? Should we link them on here?
No, but thank you. It's a small, private rescue with limited space.

When i rehomed and rescued myself i never advertised as a rescue. There's nothing worse than having to turn a hamster away when there's no space left.

I had lost the use of my coffee table, had hamsters camping on my bedside cabinet, on the futon, in my OH's office....

There are always so many hamsters in the small ads and adoption tanks, often living very sad lives. Sometimes, like the two rescued today, their wellbeing is at risk.

The brown dwarf has a small scar on his nose.

Poor thing. I hoped pet shops with adoption tanks would no better then to house two dwarfies together.

Reactions: Maz
Poor thing. I hoped pet shops with adoption tanks would no better then to house two dwarfies together.
Today i was told by the assistant that this particular petshop no longer sell dwarfs in pairs.

In response i pointed at the big sign above the tanks that states that dwarfs like to live in groups and then adopted a pair of dwarfs.

Today i was told by the assistant that this particular petshop no longer sell dwarfs in pairs.

In response i pointed at the big sign above the tanks that states that dwarfs like to live in groups and then adopted a pair of dwarfs.
Well that does not make any sense. It is just lucky you rescued these poor hamsters.

Reactions: Maz
Back