Show us your cages 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very helpful information, thank you.

Yeah lol she is kept busy 😂
I try to keep update the cage with new enrichment to prevent boredom. She is a good girl
It would be lovely if you started a thread for her. You can put pictures of her in there and tell us all about her. :)

One of my dwarfs had the same sandbath as your Sweetie. I made a little cardboard shelter in one corner by simply putting a piece of cardboard between sandbath and cage and then bent it into a little roof. She used to sit in there for ages, eating and washing. Now and again she rolled around in the sand which was so cute to watch.
Does your Sweetie roll in the sand?

One of my dwarfs had the same sandbath as your Sweetie. I made a little cardboard shelter in one corner by simply putting a piece of cardboard between sandbath and cage and then bent it into a little roof. She used to sit in there for ages, eating and washing. Now and again she rolled around in the sand which was so cute to watch.
Does your Sweetie roll in the sand?
Sorry for my late reply but I’m in Italy to visit my family. I left sweetie with my house mate and she is in safe hands.

Yes she loves her sand bath! She rolls there and pee as well. I clean the sand every day.
When I’ll be back on Saturday I’ll clean properly her cage

This is Sweetie cage, she is happy there and doesn’t bite the wires. I was thinking anyway to upgrade her into a living world home eco that I find on Amazon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 23
This is Sweetie cage, she is happy there and doesn’t bite the wires. I was thinking anyway to upgrade her into a living world home eco that I find on Amazon
That looks nice and enriching. I like the way you put the wheel on a platform. The living world eco is meant to be a great cage. If you can D.I.Y one you would save yourself a lot more money. :)

That looks nice and enriching. I like the way you put the wheel on a platform. The living world eco is meant to be a great cage. If you can D.I.Y one you would save yourself a lot more money. :)
I know isn’t! It cost £198, but I’m too lazy to build one of my own and plus even if I’ll love to learn how…I’m not good at it 😂

I know isn’t! It cost £198, but I’m too lazy to build one of my own and plus even if I’ll love to learn how…I’m not good at it 😂
I can understand that as I could never DIY a cage myself. In that case I think Sweetie would love the Living World Ecco. I noticed you have a multi chamber hide on a platform. If you put that on the bedding that Sweetie can make tunnels underneath it. :)

I can understand that as I could never DIY a cage myself. In that case I think Sweetie would love the Living World Ecco. I noticed you have a multi chamber hide on a platform. If you put that on the bedding that Sweetie can make tunnels underneath it. :)
Yes I was reading on this forum a lot of it, but my maze can be open on the top and on the bottom is covered of wood, so I’m going to buy the Trixie natural living leif labyrinth so I can do as you suggest xx

Yes I was reading on this forum a lot of it, but my maze can be open on the top and on the bottom is covered of wood, so I’m going to buy the Trixie natural living leif labyrinth so I can do as you suggest xx
I just looked at the Living World. I saw the Paw Hut is cheaper and a little bigger. If you bought that and removed those shelves then that could be an option too. Here it is:

I love your set up too. If you're thinking about upgrading Sweetie - how about another barred cage? I have our Robo in the Savic Plaza (although it does need deeper bedding to reduce the height so a tiny bit of diy to put something inside the bars for deeper bedding). Also there's the Maxi Duna multy (tank style perspex cage) which makes a lovely big cage for a dwarf hammy (it's also got very expensive though - over £100 now).

This one is also good - it has more floor space than the Savic Plaza and is a bit lower height too. More like a bigger version of the one you have now.
It's a better height for a dwarf hamster.

You are right, I saw this as well but don’t know why in my head I thought the living world is better because of wheels and all in pexi glass. But at the end of the day if I can save some money to buy more enrichment, I will go for this one 🤗

You are right, I saw this as well but don’t know why in my head I thought the living world is better because of wheels and all in pexi glass. But at the end of the day if I can save some money to buy more enrichment, I will go for this one 🤗
If you do get the paw hut then you will need to make it water proof. You could use Plastikote which is also sold on Amazon. Sweetie is going to be so excited. :)

There are lots of choices! The Eco Habitat is very nice - but very expensive.

I love your set up too. If you're thinking about upgrading Sweetie - how about another barred cage? I have our Robo in the Savic Plaza (although it does need deeper bedding to reduce the height so a tiny bit of diy to put something inside the bars for deeper bedding). Also there's the Maxi Duna multy (tank style perspex cage) which makes a lovely big cage for a dwarf hammy (it's also got very expensive though - over £100 now).
I’m going to check l the maxi duna but I think I’ll go for the paw hut as is £ 90 cheaper then the living world. I’ll see what will exiting me most 😃 sweetie is changing her Fur, from grey / brownish to white 😍😍😍

I’m going to check l the maxi duna but I think I’ll go for the paw hut as is £ 90 cheaper then the living world. I’ll see what will exiting me most 😃 sweetie is changing her Fur, from grey / brownish to white 😍😍😍
That is so cute! Maybe you could post a new picture of Sweetie in her thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back