Tino's thread

I thought that too! He will come out if he wants to. Last night I had a few distractions and was doing something upstairs and lost track of time. And realised I hadn't fed the hamsters. So I didn't do it till about midnight. Tino was sitting next to his veg dish, waiting for it! So whereas normally he'd disappear or not come out, when he realised his veg wasn't there, he sat and waited and wasn't the slightest bit bothered by my presence. He then went down the hole in the top of his house so I wonder if he's using the house now (but probably somewhere underneath it).

So Tino had to show a lot of patience until his veg finally turned up!

Indeed. I feel a bit bad about that. They do like routine.

Tino surprised me by wanting to come out tonight. He appeared from the back of the right hand side of his cage again so I guess that’s where he’s sleeping. There’s nothing to see but when he went back in the cage again he went back to that corner behind his cork log and disappeared - so maybe there’s a secret tunnel there.

He had quite a long time out in the playpen. He hasn’t been weighed for a while and is probably his full adult weight now - an enormous 274g 😊 Video to follow …..

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2351.jpeg

Yes I'm glad he came out too :-) It's as if he heard me. He was in a much better mood as came out of his own accord and no cleaning out this time. However, he did this once before and then disappeared again for weeks! I have a couple of really nice video clips of him :-) I basically held the phone at floor level in the playpen.

Here he is :-) I chopped quite a bit out where he was sitting in one place for some time or doing the same thing for a long time. In between hay house, strawberry and wheel he'd have a good sniff round the bottom edges and corners of the playpen - interested in getting out ha ha.

The first and third ones are about a minute and a half. The second one is really short.

On the last video he has tried to climb on top of the hay house (which isn’t on the video) and it tipped forwards and he seemed a bit confused by that. Then later it got tipped the other way somehow abd when he’s sitting inside it he really reminded me of Charlie, our first Syrian. Similar coloured face and ge was a very large hamster too. I’ll find the photo of Charlie sitting in his hay house to compare.

Last edited:
Awww when he squeezes into the strawberry house! He is a good healthy size. I remember Charlie. Similar colouring.

It was seeing him sitting in the hay house that reminded me. Charlie was banded and a bit lighter but also large.

This was Charlie sitting in a hay house in the same position

Charlie 10 March shrunk (16).jpg

And this is Tino (screenshot from the video. Charlie was big but Tino is bigger!

SnapShot Tino hay house cropped.jpg

Aw seeing that photo of Charlie again - look at his face - he was such a gentle soul and loved us :-) Tino is sweet too of course. I think he thinks he's a baby and doesn't realise how big he is ha ha.

Aww lovely to see Charlie again. He was rather laid back from what you said. He used to watch tv with you in his fleecy nest!

They really do look similar, gorgeous photos of both ☺️

Great video of Tino appearing from out of the strawberry house and he defo looked like he was considering a route out of the playpen via the top of the carrot house. It’s lovely he’s out and about he’s a gorgeous ham 😊

Yes he was very tame with us and gentle. I added a bit to my post above :-)

Aw thank you Zara.

Oh he is lovely, so nice he is coming out a bit more.
Gorgeous boy.

• Love
Reactions: Maz
I do hope he continues to come out regularly and doesn't disappear for a month again ha ha.

Back