Blossom 🌸

Aw she's an expert gymnast! I wonder why she doesn't just climb in lol! Hamsters do funny things :)
She usually does just climb in there lol. I always put a little something on her log for her to forage so she had climbed up to get it, then nosedived straight into her dig box! Maybe she was just very keen to get foraging lol. She does love her dig box, and always makes happy little chirping noises while she is foraging in there ☺️

I found this ceramic tea light holder in our charity shop today. I thought it would make a cute little hide for Blossom 🌸. I've taken the wax melt out of the top, given it a good clean and filled the chimney with kaytee so she doesn't get a paw stuck. I'll see what Miss B thinks of it!
20231206_144044.jpg20231206_144055.jpg20231206_144100.jpg20231206_145242.jpg20231206_145249.jpg

Investigating her new hide 😍 Now I know she can reach the top of it I'll be able to put some more treats for her to forage in the little bowl where the wax melt was 👍😊20231206_175130.jpg20231206_180953.jpg20231206_181043.jpg20231206_181045.jpg20231206_181054.jpg

Last edited:
It’s very cute and such lovely photos :) Now I see it next to Blosdom I can see how small it is. At first I was a bit concerned about the size of the windows thinking it was a hide for sitting in. Although it does look like it might be big enough to sit in. What are the measurements of the side window slits out of interest - it’s surprising what sill things hamsters try to climb through.

It’s very cute and such lovely photos :) Now I see it next to Blosdom I can see how small it is. At first I was a bit concerned about the size of the windows thinking it was a hide for sitting in. Although it does look like it might be big enough to sit in. What are the measurements of the side window slits out of interest - it’s surprising what sill things hamsters try to climb through.
So, it is plenty big enough for her to sit in if she wants to. It’s 8 x 8 x 12 cm. The windows are just 2 cm x 3 cm so no way she can climb through them, but big enough not to get paws caught. She’s not a great one for going inside her hides tho. It’s there if she wants it, but I daresay she will prefer it as an extra treat bowl lol 😜

It’s the windows I’d be worried about to be honest. If 2cm wide and 3cm tall a hamster can try to squeeze through and get stuck. If they were 2cm square they probably could t get a head through but because theyre tall and narrow. I’ve had one get under a 1.5 cm gap under a door! Simply because it was wide enough.

It’s such a lovely hide - I wonder if there’s a way of blocking the windows - maybe glueing a piece of wood inside?

Some hamsters have got their heads stuck in small windows before and it would mean smashing the ceramic to get them out.

I know it sounds a bit over cautious but they can do some really silly things!

It’s the windows I’d be worried about to be honest. If 2cm wide and 3cm tall a hamster can try to squeeze through and get stuck. If they were 2cm square they probably could t get a head through but because theyre tall and narrow. I’ve had one get under a 1.5 cm gap under a door! Simply because it was wide enough.

It’s such a lovely hide - I wonder if there’s a way of blocking the windows - maybe glueing a piece of wood inside?

Some hamsters have got their heads stuck in small windows before and it would mean smashing the ceramic to get them out.

I know it sounds a bit over cautious but they can do some really silly things!
Hmmm 🤔 maybe I’ll have to put it in her play box so I can supervise her with it. It only cost me £2 so not a disaster if I can’t use it for her. She is usually ok, but she can get a bit silly if she’s a bit put out 😏

Reactions: Maz
It looks like a fun item for her to play with! Is it secured with anything? It looks like it could be knocked over pretty easily

Reactions: Maz
Ah okay, that's good to hear. Wouldn't want anything to happen to that cutie :love:
I’ve put it in her play box now. She has just been in her play box for a little play. She was climbing up on top of it to get out of the box onto my lap and it didn’t tip over at all. She did try to stick her nose in the window tho so I think it’s best in her play box for when she is supervised! She did stick her head in the door to investigate, so it’s quite a nice addition for her play box.

I think that's a great idea! To have it in her play box :-) It's a lovely thing for her.

That's impressive, it must be pretty heavy indeed! What about putting a puzzle ball or toy inside? That could be a great time

I caught Miss B perched on top of her little house this evening! She then nosedived into her little treat bowl and did her famous 'handstand whilst foraging' manoeuvre 🥰😅
20231212_180902.jpg20231212_180912.jpg20231212_180926.jpg

Back