Blossom 🌸

There’s a lamp next to Blossom’s cage. I’ve noticed that when she hears the click as I turn her light out when I go to bed, she comes out of her nest to say ‘Goodnight’ 🌙 It’s very cute 🥰

That is really lovely. I got the opposite tonight. Turned the light on and Raffy was out for a drink and turned his back on me. He did look half asleep and clearly felt I shouldn't be talking to him this early.

I seem to have confused Blossom this evening. I gave her a peanut in its shell this evening. She hasn't had one before! She totally ignored it, so I found a different one which was partially open. She pouched the whole thing which was rather alarming 😳 She then deposited her stash she had collected for tea in her wee corner instead of in her nest as usual. She is now sitting under her wheel in her wee corner nibbling at the shell on the peanut. I'm hoping it will give her the idea of what to do with another one!
20231217_190523.jpg

Maybe it‘s size caught her a bit off guard. I remember Ham pouching a whole monkey nut on the first occasion and me thinking eek! Once Blossom knows there’s a tasty treat inside she maybe more eager with the next one, quickly breaking the shell up before eating / stashing the nuts. 🙂

Made me chuckle how she was on top of her blue house, her cute little face looks like she’s been caught up to no good.

Last edited:
I seem to have confused Blossom this evening. I gave her a peanut in its shell this evening. She hasn't had one before! She totally ignored it, so I found a different one which was partially open. She pouched the whole thing which was rather alarming 😳 She then deposited her stash she had collected for tea in her wee corner instead of in her nest as usual. She is now sitting under her wheel in her wee corner nibbling at the shell on the peanut. I'm hoping it will give her the idea of what to do with another one!
View attachment 5462
I'm sure many plants in the hamsters natural environment (or what's left of it) rely on hamsters to help their seeds germinate. Hamster wee is full of nutrients.

I'm home after a few days away for Christmas. Miss B tends to be a bit of a pickle when I've been away. I gave her a seedy treat so she wouldn't be a pickle...not sure that it worked lol 😆 20231229_175822.jpg

Back