Jas, the hamster formally known as Jasper

That is so true, and actually, things would probably be in the wrong place, so I would have to move them and that's why Jas has to rearrange when I've done it. I've never thought it that way.

Reactions: Maz
So, after quite a while with a quieter hammy, Jas decided to show her previously personality tonight 😃.
We had three trips to the playpen, a free roam and me being very pleased I didn't get bitten having to intervene.
She made it known that she wanted to come out again after her first usual outing to the playpen, by climbing up the door, after placing her back in the cage a couple of times, I offered her the taxi and she jumped straight in.
She obviously wanted a free roam, so I put her in the playpen, to enable hamster proofing and she sat and watched me.
I don't let her down the side of the playpen usually, however she got the better of me, which gave her access to the playpen cover (it's a table cloth), which she loved, but she was trying to burrow and chew, so I had to stop her. Then, sneaky little girl, would let me move her away and then she would run around me, come up the other side and try another bit of the cover.
Even that wasn't enough, she still wanted to come out again after, just nice relaxed playpen and stroke time though.
She's napping now 😃
DSC_1663~2.JPG

Lovely to have a Jas update. That must have been a surprise :-). If she’d been quiet - she sounds full of cheekiness and fun :-). She’s gorgeous. That little face. Kept you on your toes tonight then? 🤣

It was an eventful evening 😃
She was definitely energetic and somehow she always manages to get her way🤔

I can imagine - they have their moments! Nice that you got some strokes. Is she napping in the cage or out of it? Raffy is currently slowly pootling about here.

She's in her home now. I expect she will appear in an hour or so, however she did get a lot of exercise tonight, so might be later.
I hope Raffy is enjoying his playtime 🙂

Night night Jas! She sounds like she wore herself out.

So, after quite a while with a quieter hammy, Jas decided to show her previously personality tonight 😃.
We had three trips to the playpen, a free roam and me being very pleased I didn't get bitten having to intervene.
She made it known that she wanted to come out again after her first usual outing to the playpen, by climbing up the door, after placing her back in the cage a couple of times, I offered her the taxi and she jumped straight in.
She obviously wanted a free roam, so I put her in the playpen, to enable hamster proofing and she sat and watched me.
I don't let her down the side of the playpen usually, however she got the better of me, which gave her access to the playpen cover (it's a table cloth), which she loved, but she was trying to burrow and chew, so I had to stop her. Then, sneaky little girl, would let me move her away and then she would run around me, come up the other side and try another bit of the cover.
Even that wasn't enough, she still wanted to come out again after, just nice relaxed playpen and stroke time though.
She's napping now 😃
View attachment 7443
My bed sheet has some holes in it now 😄 They do love to explore!

Aw, Cutie Jas! ❤️
Sound she doesn't want to be alone and made her mom occupied all the time. 🥰

Jas seems to struggle to get into her Sputnik. We have bridges and shelves, not that she wants to use them. I've decided to take it out, I don't want her to hurt herself. So, had a little spending spree, to get a new house for the platform to replace the Sputnik, ended up with a couple of other items, well the house looked lonely.😉
DSC_1686~2.JPG

Aw - maybe she never did take to it. I had to stop using Raffy’s as his back legs stopped being so strong.

You have done really lovely items there :-). I’m sure she’ll love those.

Sputniks seem to have gone out of fashion a bit as well. I used to like them along with roof tubes, so a tall cage didn’t seem so tall, had overhead cover etc. But now deeper bedding is recommended it’s not so necessary. Raffy did love his though! And I find them quite useful in the playpen as well.

Are they niteangel things? The bridge looks like it.

She did used to go in it, there is a food hoard, like everywhere really 😂, but she seems to struggle a bit more now. We are also thinking about possibly perspex around the edge to add more bedding.
Yes, the items are Niteangel, it was the best size for where I want it. Really pleased with the quality though.

I think the bridge on the right might be one I have and it is good quality - they are nice. The perspex is good, but in hindsight I wouldn't have bought it to go all the way round. It would have worked out cheaper just to buy it for the front and possibly the sides and use cardboard at the back where it can't be seen/doesn't block the view. But then maybe that isn't the best idea with Jas :ROFLMAO: She would probably just chew all the cardboard off like Raffy did.

It can work out expensive though - I ummed and ahhed about it for ages thinking I could put the money towards a different cage. But I already had the plaza and didn't think I wanted to spend so much more for something like a Bucatstate. So was happy with the decision. Or were you thinking of the full perspex rather than just the panels?

Just thinking about a small amount around the bottom. I don't think the layout needs to change too much. I know what she likes to do and where her look out points are, so I was just thinking of raising everything a little. I'll keep thinking and see how she gets on with the new house first

Reactions: Maz
Jas came out for a little play today, but only a quick one, as it's quite hot upstairs where the playpen is. My OH made this for her, didn't have the right size box, so he made one.
Then she had her first try of necterine today, she had a little taste, then pouched it and licked her hands 🥰
DSC_1706~2.JPG

Lovely treat, Nectarine :-) Mine like that too. That looks like a really nice shelter/hide for her and she looks happy in there. So is that a box within a box?

It's a ceramic tile with a crafted box around it. The other cardboard you can see is at the bottom of the playpen. It's just a zoomed in picture, so you can't see the rest of the playpen

Back