Second chance hamsters

The cage setup looks brilliant. A lovely home for a unwanted hamster 🐹🏠

I've just been and had a look on the free ads website. So sad to see so many hamsters on there unwanted or for sale. People selling cages that are too small. The excuses people come up with for not wanting the hamster anymore are laughable.

That is such a clever idea with the shelf. I remember someone saying maybe the shelf was supposed to represent natural terrain - like sand humps or something. But all it did for Charlie was enable him to aquaplane down the shelf in his potty as it ended up with wee running down it!

I've just been and had a look on the free ads website. So sad to see so many hamsters on there unwanted or for sale. People selling cages that are too small. The excuses people come up with for not wanting the hamster anymore are laughable.
The excuses are always the same, kids lost interest, not enough time and moving house.
What always shocks me is that people simply hand the hamster over without asking any questions.

I have come across people who had to rehome a hamster for a genuine reason but those are usually the ones who care and ask questions to make sure their hamster will be cared for.

The excuses are always the same, kids lost interest, not enough time and moving house.
What always shocks me is that people simply hand the hamster over without asking any questions.

I have come across people who had to rehome a hamster for a genuine reason but those are usually the ones who care and ask questions to make sure their hamster will be cared for.
I wish I had more room so I could adopt another one ☹️

Whoever designed this shelf had no common sense. Bright pink natural terrain.
Well the bright colours are to attract people into buying a fun looking cage - hamsters can't see pink lol. At least savic's cages are made with hamsters in mind and are a decent size - unlike some colourful monstrosities!

I moved furniture around to make room, lost access to half my wardrobe, loose the use of the coffee table quite regularly and had a dwarf camping on my bedside table.

You may be able to accommodate another by moving furniture around.
I'll see what I can do but we only live in a small house.

Goodness that brings a vision to mind! The battle of the Lilly's! Luckily hamsters have very different personalities and the chances of having two Lilly's at the same time aren't very high!

Heard back about the Robo in the Spelos. Both hamsters have been sold.

I leave the HH set up for a few days before i put it back into storage because i've advertised it on Gumtree. I took the opportunity to lecture the public about Robos and priced is so high that it wouldn't generate any interest.

I am amazed they were both bought at such a high price. You did really well to explain the prices to them.

That hamster heaven set up will make a lovely cage for any robo or dwarf that pops up :)

Back