Second chance hamsters

Oh he's gorgeous - so sweet faced. Yes he does have the look of a baby but maybe because he's small and innocent looking. He will probably thrive like Raffy did. It does make me wonder if Raffy was older than I thought when he came.

He is lovely bless him, he does look tiny I hate to think what kind of life he’s had in that thing, other than being tiny he does look ok as far as it’s possible to see in a photo so hopefully he’ll soon start to respond to your TLC.

He sat there holding food in his little paws and he reminded me of Raffy when he first moved in with you and weighed under 100g. Same baby faced look. Couldn't get a photo quick enough.
They told me when he was bought from a family run petshop so his age of 9 months should be correct. Raffy could well have been older but still looked like a baby, same as this little man.

I was told Raffy was "about 3 months old" but also "definitely not a baby". I still think of them as babies at 3 months - or very young anyway, so maybe Raffy was more like 6 months or a bit more. Time will tell possibly.

The person i bought him from was the one who intercepted serious neglect but didn't have the means to provide him with what he needed. I have more background info but here is not the place to share it. Mainthing is that now he has a chance of a better life. I don't know yet if he is affected by his past physically or mentally but time will tell. Hamsters are unbelievably resilient and adaptable. A fact that has always amazed me.

Welcome to your forever home precious Davy. You will be loved and given the care you deserve now.
Davy is for rehoming and hasn't found his forever home yet. He will be available for adoption once i'm sure that he is healthy and i got to know his personality, likes and dislikes a bit.

Davy is for rehoming and hasn't found his forever home yet. He will be available for adoption once i'm sure that he is healthy and i got to know his personality, likes and dislikes a bit.
Oh sorry about that Beryl. My mistake.

He has quite a gentle look about him and not quite so maverick as Raffy perhaps!
No idea what his personality is like. He was incredibly fast when in the playpen which was probably nervous energy.

Well, he will be looking for a home, lol.
Albert says "it's bad enough sharing my mum with other humans so there's no way I'm sharing her with another hamster".

Back