Gardens and wildlife

Gorgeous! I love that first photo by the way.

Not much wildlife here today as a few things going on, but a Swallow flew in when I opened the side door - disappeared through an inner door into a small hallway and is now nowhere to be found. There were no other doors and windows open so it must be here somewhere! It definitely didn’t fly out the door again as I was in that room.

Meanwhile - car had a flat tyre so had to call the AA. So that’s still to deal with as need a new tyre now.

Last edited:
Bird highs and lows! Hope Mr Swallow escapes, he is definitely not designed for indoor flying! The swans are so beautiful. Oh dear, why is it that tyres always go flat just when everything else is going on at the same time 😕

Exactly! Suddenly you have to drop everything and deal with it.

The swallow is a complete mystery. There is still no sign of it in the house. But there is no way it could have got out other than the way it came in and I was in that room and would have seen if it came back in that room and out of the door again. Slight concern is if it had knocked itself out and fallen behind something and died and start to smell. I guess that will become apparent if that’s the case.

Lovely photos of the swan family, Lovelyness. The first one I have seen this year.

Lovely photos of the swan family, Lovelyness. The first one I have seen this year.
There’s another family in the canal closer to home, but I haven’t seen it myself. It was so lovely to see this family of swans 🦢 I used to go sailing each year for a week on the Norfolk Broads around this time of year, and it was teeming with cygnets, ducklings and goslings!

Exactly! Suddenly you have to drop everything and deal with it.

The swallow is a complete mystery. There is still no sign of it in the house. But there is no way it could have got out other than the way it came in and I was in that room and would have seen if it came back in that room and out of the door again. Slight concern is if it had knocked itself out and fallen behind something and died and start to smell. I guess that will become apparent if that’s the case.
Perhaps you have a small gap somewhere that it could have flown out of??

Gorgeous! Nice photos

Perhaps he has flattened himself against a beam or roof tile? If you go up with a ladder or broom, he might fly up 🤞

Reactions: Maz
I suppose he could have gone up the chimney!

IMG_0588.jpeg
Weather here has been very mixed for days. I was worried that when we had a lot of rain recently, it would batter down the Californian poppies that were showing flower heads. All is well as you can see, in fact even more are out today.
These successful flowers are from the self seeding plants of last summer when I could hardly harvest any seeds myself.

IMG_0589.jpeg
Another plant that has struggled over the last couple of winters is the pot of pinks where my precious Maestro is buried (see my avatar for those who don’t remember him) This is also showing signs of flowers now so I am very relieved.

Back