Gardens and wildlife

That is very clever :-) I'm impressed.

Thank you! One of the apple seedlings has turned out to be a grape plant, still just a couple of leaves! The tiny apple might need to be rescued as the grape seedling is growing quickly!

Reactions: Maz
Grape seedling in amongst marigolds 🪻

Attachments

• IMG_20240613_084511847_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240613_084511847_AE.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
It's been bucketing down with rain here today!

It's been bucketing down with rain here today!
Here too! It’s supposed to start getting a bit warmer from next week. I’ve had the heating on for most of the day!

Haven't resorted to heating but do have extra clothes on!

The Robin cafe seemed to go through a quiet couple of weeks last month but it didn’t last. Then I thought the increased pattern of feeding might indicate parents going to the nest. That has been confirmed as over this weekend I have seen a family of 3 youngsters coming with mum and agitating to be fed by her either on the ground by the food or she takes it to them nearby. The youngsters look larger then the parent! Good to know another family is going to make it.

That is nice and hard to imagine the babies being bigger than the parents :-) Maybe they are fluffier at first and then lose some fluff?

Could be or they just fluff their feathers out and they cheep a juvenile sound to attract parental attention I suppose.

They really are cute! I've never seen those before. I wonder how big they get though?!

Wow! They are flourishing! Wonderful :-)

Yes, I wonder if they will dry out and be edible (for Socks 😀)

• Love
He could have a whole sunflower head! He'll like the petals as well I would think.

That's great, I didn't know they like the petals too. They grow quite slowly but should keep if I can dry them.

Back