Gardens and wildlife

I didn't know either until recently :-)

It’s looking lovely! Lots of buttercups! It’s looking better than ours which looks like a field! The grass has actually started seeding. Too long for the mower now - OH strummed the front garden this morning instead. The back is still very long and lots of buttercups too 😊

It’s looking lovely! Lots of buttercups! It’s looking better than ours which looks like a field! The grass has actually started seeding. Too long for the mower now - OH strummed the front garden this morning instead. The back is still very long and lots of buttercups too 😊
It’s mainly dandelions with some daisies and buttercups. The grass itself isn’t very long.I’ll wait now til they stop flowering, then mow it.

I’ve just noticed a red poppy growing in the grass opposite my front garden. I do hope there will be more, and that they will spread to my ‘meadow’ at the front..that would be really lovely!

That would be lovely - hopefully the seeds will blow your way :) Although maybe they're the type of seeds that birds or bees bring?

They look amazing! I'm very impressed - having failed to grow some in the garden a couple of times.

Thank you! They are up high, safe from most slugs, which helps. I am hoping there will some seeds for Socks to munch on, or just have fun pulling the head apart.

Beautiful :-) Not much in ours since spring, A couple of potentillas in flower

IMG_0621.jpeg
Having followed advice from elusive here about a hard prune for my fuschia come Spring time, I did exactly that.
I have watched with care and then pleasure at seeing the plant regrow strongly even through highly variable weather this year. Much of the growth has been low down and I have not pruned much, rather waiting to see how it responded.
So now it is in full flower and looking splendid, if a bit scattered, I think.

Wow Coco, your fuschia is beautiful, it’s looking very happy!

image.jpg

I’ve had this one a couple of years. I did cut it back this year and it’s looking happy, but maybe I’ll leave it next year see what it does.

This is my rambling rose, it’s normally covered in blooms but picked up some kind of fungus this year. I’ve tried treating it naturally as we have frogs in the garden which my daughter loves. I think it made some difference but most of the buds just aren’t opening, they are just browning and dying. I’m going to cut it completely back this year and let it start again.

image.jpg

Back