Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Socks: I'm still itchy, so a good sandbath is a great pleasure, until Mom comes stalking along with the camera!
Mom: Socks is so cute in his sandbath. I'm hoping what I am seeing is his fur growing back. It's still thin in places!

Attachments

• IMG_20240801_223042204_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240801_223042204_AE.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240801_223424800_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240801_223424800_AE.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240801_223441767_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240801_223441767_AE.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 13
Really lovely to see him enjoying his sand bath. I'm slightly in love with Socks :) Such cute expressions and faces he is pulling. How is his fur going? It looks ok on the photos. Although I suppose it takes time.

Thank you ❤️ 🐾 He is a little sweetie! I can still see his skin through his fur in places, but the fur that is there seems to have grown longer and thicker, perhaps for Winter. The bare patch on the crown of his head is exactly where he scratches. I've removed the old birch chip bedding in case he's sensitive to birch and am using Fitch and Kaytee, which are really soft. I changed his food to Harry Hamster to increase his protein intake. He's running on his wheel and normally active, although he's not as energetic as he was in his baby days ☺️ He is due his next pipette of Ivermectine tomorrow 💊

• Love
Reactions: Maz
Socks: Mom literally dragged me out to my playpen last night and squeezed a pipette of the gooey medication over me, it's supposed to be 12 drops on my neck, but it ran all over the place. "Thanks Mom!" I said and headed for my sand bath, but just as I was climbing in, she snatched it away. What is going on?
Mom: I made a bit of a mess with the Ivermectine last night, but it all went more or less where it was supposed to. I think I have had a good dose of it too 😄 I took the sand bath away to let Socks absorb it.
Socks: as expected, my tunnel has been cleaned, but it's not so bad, it was getting a bit smelly. I've dug out a new one, I really like this new bedding 🛌

Attachments

• IMG_20240804_090503010_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240804_090503010_AE.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 6
It's not easy, I hope it continues to helps. He does like his burrows now

It's not easy, I hope it continues to helps. He does like his burrows now
Yes, it's quite enchanting to see his little tunnel entrance. He seems well, apart from having thinning fur. There is one more pipette to go and hopefully his fur will grow back or at least not get any thinner.

I'm cautiously pleased with Socks' progress, he seems to be growing his hair back 🤞 I didn't see him scratching tonight and he seems more energetic and stronger. He's still on Harry Hamster and extra cheese and tofu. I've been giving him Dreamies as well and I think the extra protein is doing him good.
Socks: I feel better and enjoyed my out of cage time tonight.
Mom: look at my photos of Socksie!
Socks: Socksie?

Attachments

• IMG_20240807_213621021_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240807_213621021_AE.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240807_213345959_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240807_213345959_AE.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
Hello gorgeous little man. I'm not sure if it is the light, but he looks like he's changing colour, more brown than black now. It's great to hear his coat is coming back.
What Dreamies do you give him?

Reactions: Maz
Yes, his coat has changed to a mixture of brown and black as he is maturing. I gave Socks chicken flavoured Dreamies. They taste alright, possibly a bit greasy for human tastes. Í gave him two yesterday and three today. He sat in his bowl and nibbled on one, put it aside half eaten and then grabbed a new one and pouched it in one go 😄

He's looking well on those photos :-) I had a black and white Syrian (Moo) and the black part started to go brown as well but only on his rear. I believe it's quite common with black hamsters.

Thank you! Socks (Socksie) would like the colour to be chocolate Siamese-ish 😄

Mom: I was woken by the sound of rattling at 2am last night. Socks was bar biting 😯 And then he started monkey barring all the way up to the roof.
Socks: Mom put her hand under me and helped me down from the roof so I didn't fall on my wheel!
Mom: I said "Socks, stop bar biting. He looked over his shoulder at me for a moment and then carried on.
Socks: Mom collapsed my tunnel while spot cleaning earlier, gnaw gnaw, gnash gosh, rattle rattle!😡
Mom: So I had to get up and cut up Cornflake boxes to put in front of the cage bars. I dug a bit of a tunnel to get Socks started and put him in it. He sat in it for a time and then hopped onto his wheel.
Gin Gins: The light went on and we started calling for veggies. We had a light breakfast of parsley and cucumber 🥒 🥕
Socks: At about 3:30am I pouched some food and dug a tunnel under the bedding 😴

Oh dear that sounds like a hectic night! He clearly didn’t like his tunnel being dug up! Glad you managed to get him settled again.

Back