Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Socks: This morning I came out at about 6 am. You know how you just want a nice bedtime treat, and I went over and found a piece of banana and some other things in my veggie bowl that were left from last night, very nice indeed!
Mom: Socks is still restless at night and is living in a cage with cardboard all over it.
Socks: It's a hammy Alcatraz!

Blossom says try some dried banana leaves…or a coconut husk…or just a bit of egg box 👍🌸

• Love
Reactions: Maz
SOCKS! I got left behind about socks news. Does socks itchy has been gone?

The Ivermectine seems to be working. His fur is much better and has grown back in most areas except on part of his back 👍 I have not seen him scratching, so that is positive too. I increased the protein in his diet, which math have helped. He's also has alot more energy and looks stronger and happier 😊

The Ivermectine seems to be working. His fur is much better and has grown back in most areas except on part of his back 👍 I have not seen him scratching, so that is positive too. I increased the protein in his diet, which math have helped. He's also has alot more energy and looks stronger and happier 😊
Happy to hear that, he seems recovery very well.
his crown (fur) will be back sooner than we know. Be happy socks you got an awesome mom there

Happy to hear that, he seems recovery very well.
his crown (fur) will be back sooner than we know. Be happy socks you got an awesome mom there
Thank you! 🧦 and 👩 ❤️

Mom: There was a faint whiff around Socks' cage, so I gave him a lift to his playpen while I investigated.
Socks: I had been out earlier but I returned to my house for a nap and Mom pulled off the ceiling and dragged me out for a run in my playpen. She had her eye on my tunnel. As I passed the entrance I casually kicked a big piece of paper bedding into the entrance.
Mom: Socks tunnel was concealed behind the paper, cunning hamster 😄 Unfortunately there was lots of damp, smelly bedding I needed to remove deep in the tunnel. He seems to be happier in the MCH and a bit less restless 🏡

Mom: Socks has his out of cage time and a nice sandbath 🛁
Socks: I had some time in my playpen and had a good sandbath 👍 Then I caught the hamster taxi back to my cage.
Mom: But Socks started bar biting and monkey barring again. I had an idea, and put him in his small carrier. It's only about 15cm long. I carried him round the flat and let him look out the window.
Socks: I settled down after my tour, why? Dunno...
Mom: Perhaps hamsters like to use their senses to orientate themselves, especially around full moon. The mental activity helps them settle, who knows 🙂

That's interesting he settled down :-) Maybe just didn't want to go back to his cage yet.

Socks was up at 5am this morning, meerkatting forlornly for an out of cage run 🥱 but I have a sore tooth, an old crown that objected to a raw carrot, Mom stayed in bed 🦷 It's feeling better but chewing is tricky at the moment.

Oh no I'm sorry about the tooth. Very annoying. I hope it settles down but assume it might need a dentist.

Yes it's late August - it does feel a bit like Autumn - summer seems so short! I think there's some warm weather coming though.

Thanks Maz, yes, I've got too bite the bullet and go off to see the dentist 🦷
I love this time of year 🍂

Socks: Mom went to the vet today for a dental. I said, Mom, have you been chewing bars on the quiet? Well, it was too many raw carrots, but perhaps I shouldn't mention that!
Mom: I had a molar extracted, but it wasn't sore and it came out easily. I think my food needs to be cooked now! Perhaps I'm should have a nap 😴
Socks: Mom, a nap might be a good idea, or an early night!

• Haha
Ouch! I had to have a molar extracted a couple of years ago, so can empathise . Look after your mom, socks 🧦

Back