Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Mom: There's something in the air at the moment, it perhaps Socks is just feeling chipper after his first two doses of Ivermectine. Anyway, I woke to the sound of Socks softly bar biting right next to me 😯
Socks: I did some monkey barring and meerkatting on tiptoe, shouting in ultrasound, but Mom slept through that 😐 Well, a good opportunity to gnaw on the bars, you never know, but that woke Mom up.
Mom: Socks was restless at 4am and roamed about his cage. Perhaps it has something to do with gathering an extra hoard in Autumn. I set up his playpen and he ran about and then started to try to climb out.
Socks: Mom set up my playpen, wasn't that nice of her! She put my wheel into it and I ran for about half an hour, stopped for a while and then did some more training.
Mom: Socks has rebuilt his tunnel and pouched a lot of dried food before heading underground with it ❤️. Luckily the gin gins were quite patient about their breakfast and I got a bit more sleep 😴

• Love
Reactions: Maz
It sounds like it’s settled down a bit anyway 😊. Does he use a litter tray at all? Maybe tell him if he used the litter tray you could leave his tunnels alone for longer 🤣. Sounds like he loved his playpen time 😊

Thank you! He is so restless at the moment! He has a litter tray, but he still wees in his nest and on his hoard 🧻

Naughty Socks. Usually they learn quite quickly that if they pee in their nest or on their hoard, their nest gets disturbed - so they stop doing it. Not all of them learn!

Socks: I had a good sandbath last night (Mom forgot the sandbath last time ❤️👩) Here I am, listening to the gin gins who are safely confined nearby.
Mom: The fur on Socks' brow looks much better and there's only one patch on his back that is still thin. 🤞 for a nice warm coat for winter ❤️🐻

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_224220189_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240811_224220189_AE.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 8
He's looking very well there :-) Glad his fur has grown back.

Thank you everyone 🧦 and 👩
He's stopped monkey barring and bar biting🤞
I'm hoping to do a discrete clean soon, trying not to set off any all night dashing around.

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_224235966_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240811_224235966_AE.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello little Sox. What lovely colouring he now has, looks quite different from when he was younger. Great to hear he is doing well, and looking handsome as ever.

Hello Socks. He still looks cheeky :-)

Socks' tunnel collapsed and he couldn't find the entrance and went into a bit of a spin. He's settled down as bit, and has pouched some food, and is now digging out his nest again. I've put his big MCH back and that should help to give him more security and orientation.

Attachments

• IMG_20240813_053254081_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240813_053254081_AE.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello little Sox. What lovely colouring he now has, looks quite different from when he was younger. Great to hear he is doing well, and looking handsome as ever.
Thank you, yes, it's is great to see him active and defiant again! ❤️

Socks' tunnel collapsed and he couldn't find the entrance and went into a bit of a spin. He's settled down as bit, and is

• Wow
Reactions: Maz
Aw poor socks. Lots of nice cardboard for him to chew though :-)

Back