Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Thank you, it is feeling much better! I had quite a good sleep last night. I was offered the more conservative route, but decided to have it removed. The dentist is excellent and really does excellent work. Anyway, Socks was up early this morning to make sure I am OK and got a nice run in his play pen. He's also looking better, but still has a little bit of thinning fur on his back. Next dose of Ivermectine due on Saturday 🏥

Take it steady 😊. Sometimes it’s best to get rid of a tooth! It’s still surgery though so it’s good to rest and not rush around for a few days.

Wise advice, yes, I think it was no longer secure and infection resistant. It had been root canalled a long time ago 🙁 It needs time to settle and heal, definitely! Socks can't understand why we don't regrow our teeth 😄 and just have them clipped now and then!

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
I would love to regrow teeth!

Socks: it was time for the final dose of my Ivermectine course. Mom hauled me out of my nest, despite uncharacteristic resistance from me.
Mom: Socks rolled upside down and went into a defensive posture 🥋which surprised me a bit, but he is sensitive about his nest
Socks: and my sleep! Mom sort of dug me out with a dessert spoon and in the end I was, what the heck, OK Mom...why?
Mom: I needed to do some discrete spot cleaning and give Socks the final dose of his Ivermectine course.
Socks: Mom plastered more sticky goo on my neck and the top of my head and then expected me to run round my playpen looking all bedraggled. I just wanted to get back into my nest.
Mom: Socks is using his corner litter tray in his house, and I didn't really have to remove much bedding, I am pleased to say. Unfortunately his nest tunnels got collapsed, but I suppose he will form his nest chambers again.
Socks: Mom trashed my nest again, but I soon dug out a new one. I think my fur is growing back, which is positive. And how many hamsters have an indoor loo?

Aw - I bet he's glad it's the last dose. Good his hair is growing back nicely :-)

It's good to hear his fur is coming back.

Thanks Max, it is looking hopeful, although I can still see areas of pink skin. His energy levels have picked up and he seems to be using his hamster loo.. I think he was probably born about this time last year. He was a tiny little Socksie!
Socks: Mom! 🙄

Back