Guest viewing is limited

Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

Yes they don't work upside down unfortunately as the wheel can fall off the stand.

Yes, the post cage cleaning guilt has settled onto me as well, but the cage is clean and no smells. (Mom).
Socks: Mom did a cage cleaning blitz this morning and my hoard is almost gone 🙁 but it was getting a bit smelly 🙂
Mom: Socks went back into his MCH and then turned round and peeped out the door at me, and gave me a very searching look. I think he was trying to say, "where's my hoard?"

Reactions: Maz
How old is Socks now? Thinning fur can just come with age. Yes he's looking big :) Do you put new food back if you have to remove the hoard? It's a good idea to put a handful of new food in to replace some of the hoard, in the same place, as it stops them stressing too much if the hoard has to be removed - I usually try and leave a tiny bit of the old hoard that's dry as well, if it's been pee'd on, along with the new hoard - so it still smells familiar. But yes it's not nice when they see us as thieves! Hence putting some new food in :-)

Yes, the post cage cleaning guilt has settled onto me as well, but the cage is clean and no smells. (Mom).
Socks: Mom did a cage cleaning blitz this morning and my hoard is almost gone 🙁 but it was getting a bit smelly 🙂
Mom: Socks went back into his MCH and then turned round and peeped out the door at me, and gave me a very searching look. I think he was trying to say, "where's my hoard?"
I completely misread this and thought you said he turned around and peed out the door!😂
Poor little guy missing his big hoard, I'm sure he will build it up again soon.

Mom: 😂
Socks: Hmm, that's an idea!
Mom: Don't you dare! 😄

How old is Socks now? Thinning fur can just come with age. Yes he's looking big :) Do you put new food back if you have to remove the hoard? It's a good idea to put a handful of new food in to replace some of the hoard, in the same place, as it stops them stressing too much if the hoard has to be removed - I usually try and leave a tiny bit of the old hoard that's dry as well, if it's been pee'd on, along with the new hoard - so it still smells familiar. But yes it's not nice when they see us as thieves! Hence putting some new food in :-)
Thanks Maz, I'll do an exchange next time. I did put a large bowl of food in tonight to give Socks extra food to stash. Oddly, he unpouched his veggies into his ensuite hamster loo. I had to fish out very sandy cucumber and peas and a half eaten Nibblot 🤔

Mom: Socks is stashing all his food in his litter tray. I wonder why.
Socks: Human, we need to talk!

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
He's trying to protect his hoard so has moved it to a new place :-) And if he pees on it, nobody will want it. Strange logic but it's what they seem to do!

He did it again tonight, a pouchful of food dumped in the hamster loo/bath. He usually buries his hoard under his nest. It's as if he's thinking, fine then, take the food, but leave my nest!

Maybe he is! I've sometimes added a second potty when they start using one as a hoard - in the hope they pee in the other one :-) sometimes it works.

On the plus side, he feels it's safe enough to use for his precious food! Socks looks like a happy little man

Hamster style fast food! Thanks Maz, that is a brilliant idea!
Socks: Hi Ilguy and Maz, thank you for all you do for hamsters. The world of hamsters is a better place because of you! ❤️

Socks: I always try to empty my veggies bowl and take some dry food for my hoard. Being a hamster, I like to keep a store in my nest cos you never know when you might need it!
Mom: Socks cleared out his veggies bowl, but he left a little Dreamies biscuit behind. I usually find something in the bowl. Perhaps he left it for me, being a caring hamster.
Socks: Mom raided my hoard the other day and took all of it. I started a new hoard, but left it in my sand bath (well, hamster loo) in case she was hungry. She left most of it behind. I got new, clean bedding, but Mom put back alot of the old bedding in my nest. I was sort of OK with this.
Mom: Socks didn't monkey bar last night (unless I slept through it). The only sign he had been out was some cardboard leaning over. It can be difficult understanding each other, but I think we both try.

Socks: Start the day right!
Mom: 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_20241002_052555675_AE.jpg
    IMG_20241002_052555675_AE.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20241002_052610101_AE.jpg
    IMG_20241002_052610101_AE.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8
Back