Toby

Toby's cage is pretty much sorted. I expect I'll find some small things to fill gaps here and there.

The Getzoo house in the middle has been painted with a clear sealant. I'm still debating whether to paint the elephant. The ceramic egg at the front is something I found in Hobbycraft today and I plan to paint it green or blue at some point.

The hedgehog at the back I'm rather fond of. I "rescued" it from the Asda sale the same day I brought Toby home. It has a chipped ear, so it was only 50p. It's a tealight holder really.

20240113_200218.jpg

20240113_200209.jpg

20240113_200201.jpg
20240113_200149.jpg

I was having breakfast this morning when I heard a strange rustling noise coming from Toby's cage, like a plastic bag. I thought maybe I'd left a bag of something on top of the cage and he was trying to pull it through the bars. I went over to the cage, and no, he was actually on top of his cage, stuffing his cheeks in a bag of sprays. At first I was baffled how he could have got out but then I realised I had hooked one side of the door over only one bar. It's a silly mistake as I've known for ages that those cages need to have the door hooked over two bars. I can't think how I missed that, but at least Toby is safe thanks to his greed.

20240201_065216.jpg

Here he is demonstrating how he escaped. I just love the look on his face when he realises I'm there.

His cage really isn't big for him anymore so he's going to be getting a bigger one very soon.

It’s very easily done I know, had to laugh though, Toby really made the most of the opportunity!
He’s looking so condient now, I’m sure he’ll really enjoy a larger cage, which one are you thinking of?

Lucky Toby :) No bars on a Bucatstate either :)
Yes, that's a bonus as he does monkey bar a lot. He might still be able to climb a bit on the lid which has some metal gaps. I need to double check the one I already have for the gerbils that he won't be able to squeeze through any of the gaps but it will probably be okay.

Back